Thread: Stalker vs. Stocker!!

Talking

My 15 year son was applying at different places for his very first job. One of the places I drove him to was Office Max to apply for a job stocking the shelves. He went in and they had him just fill out the application right then and leave it with them. When he got back in the car, he told me they had him fill it out and leave it. Then he said "And you do spell stocker "S T A L K E R" right?
    In the "position wanted" on the application web page[/URL] ,he had written STALKER instead of stocker. I laughed so hard at him wanting to stalk the customers that I couldn't drive for 10 minutes!!!

Replies
    Blog Entries

LOL! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I've actually seen job postings with "stalkers" wanted at Sam's Club and Big Bear.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

3. Post

When my son, who was in the youth rodeo and a fan of rap music, had a 3rd grade assignment to write what he wanted to be when he grew up, answered "a mugger and raper."
    He's learned to spell since.
    DEPRIVATION BREEDS REBELLION

4. Post

OK, I understand raper for rapper but what is mugger for? I just can't get my brain around it!

Latebloomer
    Latebloomer

You children have interesting career aspirations.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

6. Post

In a rodeo the mugger is the cowboy who is on foot and brings the roped steer the ground. The spelling was correct. The context made it funny.
    DEPRIVATION BREEDS REBELLION

Replies

Kids say the darnest things! LOL
    ~Lisa
    HW 209
    SW 199
    CW 178.0
    GW 153.0
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    ~Buddha