Thread: Nestle Drumstick

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows what nestle drumsticks are? the ones with the caramel in the middle!
    THanks
    Vicki

ps i love this site
    Keep going, keep pushing, the reward is greater than struggle.
    SW:177
    CW: 171
    first GW - 155
    UGW : 143-148

Replies

Smile

Hi Ladiluckie. I notice that you are new to BCB, so I thought I would welcome you. I thought your question was interesting. Are you going to WW Meetings? If you are then you should have a points counter. All you do is look up the nutrition info on the box and calculate according to Dietary Fiber and Calories and Total Fat grams. I suspect that you will find that the points count might be kind of high for the drumsticks you mentioned. Have you ever heard of Skinny Cows? You should try them. They come in a lot of different flavors, Chocolate, Strawberry, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Peanut Butter...just to name a few. They are only 2 points! And they are delicious!! Give them a try. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    ~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *
    (last updated - 03/25/07
    CW: 185
    Goal: 140

imported_Kelly_S Guest

POINTS = (calories/50) + (fat grams/12) - (fiber grams/5 <capped at a total of 4 grams usable)

Calorie King will help with the nutritional information if you don't have the box or the wrapper.

The answer to your question is 8 points...

imported_Kelly_S Guest

bskc1991,

Give a person the points for 1 day and they eat OP that day...teach a person to figure points and where to help them they eat OP for life.

judyo53 Guest

I hate that math calculation thing so here's what I use:

WW Online Calculator+

She didn't say she didn't know how to figure points. She may know how, she may not. She may have just been in a hurry or at work or out of town or lost her points finder or didn't have the wrapper or needed to know quickly for whatever reason. While I agree that a constant barrage of threads of *How many points does this have?* can get a little annoying, if someone is in need of points help right away, I feel the answer should be provided along with the other information. Just my opinion.

imported_Kelly_S Guest

bskc1991, I also gave a site that lists much nutritional information so that if she knew how to figure points she could.

Still teaching them where to go for things like this means helping them help themselves and not rely on many replies that are not correct. There is so much out there that we can do for ourselves if we have the tools and that is what I gave.

I pay for W/W and while I understand not everyone has the funds to do that if we provide them the information they can do what they need to succeed.

Questions like HOW MANY POINTS IS THIS or THAT is a relatively lazy question which with some knowledge of where to look can be figured out for ourselves.

[ May 24, 2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Kelly_S ]

Replies

Lightbulb

I'VE noticed over the years, that many questions that start out as a simple question, are also friendly first interactions that are more about saying "hi" and "thank you" and "see you on the boards"~

No Buddy is right or wrong in how they respond.

However, pre-school rules do apply: No put-downs.

Vicki~ Welcome to BCB! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] Post often and ask away~ [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

[ May 24, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: WWCarol ]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Carol, WHo was putting whom down? I don't see that at all in anyone's post.

Replies

Well, Kelly, I consider this statement,

Questions like HOW MANY POINTS IS THIS or THAT is a relatively lazy question
    as a put-down.

The word "lazy" has a negative connotation.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Carol,
    Sorry you feel that why but 1) if you pay for the program or 2) you know the sites where to it is a relatively lazy question because it gets asked over and over and over and over and over because 1) either they aren't paying and don't know how to figure or 2) they are too lazy to utilize the tools provided.

I pay for the program and feel everyone should too however I understand that some cannot (however my feeling is if they would pay for it they get a better understand and better success and could work it into any budget with online being cheap, at home a 1 time fee or even scholarships that W/W offers) and I don't mind providing the 'free' information that is available on many sites as well as the patent by W/W which is public knowledge.

Replies

Kelly,

When Vicki asked her question, I believe all answers are good ones: those who give her the answer, and those who give her information on how to figure out points.

If you're getting tired of answering points questions, or are irritated with people who ask, let other Buddies handle the responsibility~ [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would imagine that Vicki could feel she shouldn't ask a points question, or that bskc could feel she shouldn't give a direct points answer. They both can and should feel comfortable here doing both! [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you want to have a discussion regarding the points you made, why not bring it up for discussion on the Daily Thread?

I just think the WW Food & Point Issues Forum should be a friendly and supportive place to post questions and answers. [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

imported_Kelly_S Guest

I am sorry if you feel that and as you said since it is supposed to be 'friendly' which is what all my posts have been and the 'relatively lazy' was not deroggatory in anyway if you feel you need to belittle me or berate me take it to a PM please.

[ May 25, 2004, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Kelly_S ]

judyo53 Guest

Wasn't gonna touch this one but I can see both sides. First off, I don't usually even answer these questions (or I'll send the Desktop Points Calculator link), because I don't feel like doing all the work, especially when nutrients aren't listed.

I do think many of the questions are from people on the fly. However, if they've come here to post, they do need to learn about different web sites that are available on the Internet to at least find the nutritional info if they don't have access to that by having a package or wrapper in front of them. If it's a restaurant everyone should know about Dotti's. Kelly just replied to someone who said she couldn't find info regarding a McDonald's salad. She must not have known that McDonald's has their own web site (which most restaurants have) that lists nutritional info. People need to learn this. I taught myself in the beginning by just reading through every post I could find on this board & others that sounded interesting & I don't know if I've ever had to ask about point values, since I found everything on my own. I learned how to use the Search feature on this site on my own, too.

OK, not everyone is as Internet savvy, I guess. So it depends on how I feel or how much time I have to search out answers for others (giving my opinions is easier-LOL)!

Also, I've learned that people can't read a "smile" in posts a lot & misunderstand the poster's intent. As a Realtor, I e-mail people a lot. I had a referred client that wanted something that simply was not available in his price range. I tried to nicely & tactfully explain that to him. His reply was that he was sorry he was wasting my time! He was upset. I sent him another e-mail trying to explain that he wasn't wasting my time & I would certainly try to help him (even though I knew it was impossible). If he hadn't been referred by a good friend I would just have ignored him as he was not realistic in his purchasing ability. I never did find anything for him since he was about 10 yrs. behind in what he wanted for the price.

BTW, with this new board, on Kelly's McDonalds reply you couldn't even tell she was sending a link, so the original poster might not have even caught it. When your post comes out in blue you can't tell the links unless you separate them from the paragraph.

Are some people lazy? Maybe once in a while. I think most are just too new & don't know where to begin. That's why I prefer to send them the Desktop Calculator link & might go a little further if I have the time, or send them Dotti's link, etc.

Parham91x2 Guest

Red face

Good grief!
    Let's see if that poor recruit keeps posting now!

Sorry ladieluckie [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img]

Thank you Judyjudyjudy for being such a helpful Buddy [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Chris

Replies

First of all, let me welcome Vicki to BCB, and hope she doesn't feel bad about the controversy that has developed in her simple points question. However, Vicki you DID get your question answered, as well as additional information on figuring points on your own, so that's good! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Secondly, simply by responding, everyone was trying to be helpful. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] But we have many strong personalities here at BCB (which makes BCB the incredible place that it is [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] ), and it's also true that it's possible to take a post several different ways--very possibly in ways in which it was not intended. I would just encourage everyone to be careful about words used, and take the time to write another sentence or so, if that would help explain your point a little better. And, if you have second thoughts about what you've written, utilize that backspace key.

As the question has been answered, I'm going to close this thread. But as strong feelings surfaced, I encourage the posters to please calmly re-read each and every post to glean from it what you may. If you have any constructive ideas to make BCB better, as always pass them on to a moderator or to Denise. Thanks, guys!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.