Thread: Apple Bee's New Menu

arangel Guest

Has anyone had a chance to try any of these new menu items? I have a birthday in July and was thinking of having my dinner from them as a special treat, but still being health conscious.

Thanks!

-Ann

Replies

Yum, Yum, Yum [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Had the shrimp skewers at Applebees and also a bolw of ww french onion soup. 5 points for the shrimp and 3 for the soup.

2 skewers with 5 shrimp per skewer on a bed of veggie rice. A huge side of steamed yellow squash, fresh mushrooms, green peppers and onions also came with the entree. Almost forgot, there was a terryaki dipping sauce
    too.

The onion soup was every bit as good as it's higher calorie cousin. Rich, thick broth loaded with onions, a large crouton, and melted cheese on top. Awesome!

My girlfriend had the sizzling chicken skillet and loved it as well. Can't wait to go back to try the other ww offerings. THANKS APPLEBEES AND WEIGHT WATCHERS [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheryl

[ May 20, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: BEARS ]
    "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

Replies

I just went there today, and had the tortilla chicken melt---oh yum!! My aunt also had the shrimp on the skewer with the teriyaki sauce which she said was wonderful!

My WW leader said that the local Applebee's, and I assume all of them, uses separate pots and pans to prepare the WW meals, using only sprays (Pam or whatever) for cooking!

[ May 20, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: SSKatie ]
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Special*K Guest

Thumbs up

Today I tried the new Weight Watchers menu at Applebee's and I was very happy to have spent 13 points on my 3-course meal! I started with the Onion Soup au Gratin (3), then I had the Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers (5), and I topped off my meal with the Berry Lemon-Cheesecake (5 pts). All of the food I had this afternoon was excellent! I haven't eaten at Applebee's in quite some time and I think I found a reason to go back!

Replies

It really is nice to know exactly how many points you're having, isn't it? And, on top of that, the food is SO good! I'm just glad we HAVE an Applebee's here in Podunkville. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Thumbs up

i went to applebees tuesday and had the shrimp skewers and the chocolate cake i loved them both

Lori B Guest

I was just at Applebee's on Monday night and had the shrimp skewers. The veggie's with mine were broccoli and squash!! Excellent!!! Can't wait to go back and try something else!!!

Lori

Replies

Tried the new menu and enjoyed. Had onion soup (which surprised me, it was so good), shrimp and chocolate cake.
    Lilly - My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. I Samuel 2:1

Tried the Baja Chicken Wrap last night. Very good, very filling and a big "kick" to it spice-wise, but nothing I couldn't handle. I also tried the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. Chocolatey, but just a bit dry. All in all, a good experience and I'm looking forward to trying the other WW menu items!

Almost forgot! The wrap came with a plump, sweet strawberry and 3 wedges of fresh pineapple

Lisa
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Thumbs up

I tried the shrimp skewers and had cheesecake for dessert. It was wonderful! Will try the chicken skillet next time. Have a blessed day! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

LOVE & BLESSINGS
    GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....
    it's only good news if told in time.

Replies

I had the grilled talipia with mango salsa, rice and steamed veg. It was very good, and only 7 pts!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Special*K Guest

The first time I tried the new WW menu at Applebee's I was so happy about the results! Unfortunately, the second time around I wasn't so pleased. The second time, I had ordered the Sizzling Chicken Skillet and when it came it had rice under the sparse veggies and chicken and I had to ask the waitress for the whole-wheat tortillas. I had a feeling that the rice wasn't part of the meal so I didn't eat it. I asked the waitress if I had gotten the right thing and she assured me that it was kosher with the WW menu. I hope next time is like the first time I tried the new menu!

Went last night for the first time. Had the Baja Chicken Roll and the onion soup. I was pleasantly surprised with both. I particularly was pleased with the onion soup. Tasted just like the "real" thing...

katy [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    SW: 232.4 (08/16/02
    Dr.G. 180.0
    PG: 155.0
    LIFETIME: 06/18/04

Slow and steady like the turtle.

Replies

I usually just read the posts, but I have had the WW meals at Applebees too. Pretty good stuff, but I found their Blackened Chicken salad to be 7 pts. For me, a better substitute, with a light dressing on the side etc.

I also tried the new Mcdonalds Adult "Happy Meal" last night. when I got home, I figured out the pts for each one. I had the Cobb Salad with baked chicken. 6 pts. The Cobb dressing was 3 pts., but i used it on the side by dipping my fork in the dressing then the salad. It was better than I expected it to be. I also received a " toy", a pedometer which I am trying out today. Truth be told, that is why I actually went there9 for the toy).

I calculated the points on all the rest of their new Adult Happy meals, but I am at work and don't have that with me. the other salads are also reasonable in point too. Just avoid the chicken with the fried chicken pieces, stay with the grilled chicken. They are lower in points.

Have a good day all.

lfsch

Replies

I've had two of the new WW meals at Applebee's and they were awesome! The Baja Chicken Wrap was so good!! I love spicy food and that fit the bill. DH and I went on a "date night" and each ordered off the WW menu and loved it, I had the Sizzling Chicken Skillet, so good! DH had the Grilled Chicken Citrus Salad and kept saying over and over how good it was.

Kudos Applebee's for not following the low-carb craze and giving the rest of us great choices!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Default Applebee's menu

I have gone twice to applebee's now. The first time I had the Chicken Tortilla's and the sedond time I had the Chicken Skillet. I really enjoyed both. I had been having a craving for some fajitas and the chicken skillet really fit the bill. Both times I had the lemon berry cheesecake and it was wonderful. It's so nice to go out and eat at a restaurant and know the serving size and point number, without having to figure it.
    Taking it day by day, one step at a time.
    Ya-Ya name: Marchioness Shines like the Sun

Replies

Thumbs up

P.S. To Special K... My Chicken Skillet did not have rice, sounds like someone goofed! You were a savvy buddy to pick up on that and leave it on the plate! Way to go!!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Lori B Guest

Default Re: Apple Bee's New Menu

Finally made it back to Applebee's (this is only the second time since they started the WW menu). I had the chicken tortilla's ~ they were wonderful!!! I just wish more restaurants could have a WW menu or at least give the nutritional info so I could 'point' it myself!! I'm really looking forward to our next trip to Columbia so I can try something else!
    Lori

i'm the only one that's a salad eater?? i've had the mesquite salad for 4 points and the citrus salad for 5. both are totally delish! the mesquite is a bit spicy but i love that, and the citrus is sweet, which i love as well. both are a great choice!! i've also had the chicken skillet and thought it was "ok". but, i haven't heard anything bad about any of the dishes. my mom has had the shrimp and the talapia and loved them both.
    If not now, when?
    www.ginacraig.com
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with saints. (Billy Joel)

Replies
    Blog Entries

I had the mesquite chicken salad as well and thought it to be delish! I'd definitely get it again. I paired with the onion au gratin soup and had a very filling lunch for 7 points. I am eager to try the chicken roll-up and both the desserts!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

judyo53 Guest

I've been there twice & although the shrimp skewer wasn't anything special, I would order it again. I thought the citrus chicken salad was great & it's difficult to choose which dessert is better. In fact, when I ordered the chocolate cake last time my DH commented that the portion was a much more normal size than most restaurant desserts. My next meal choice will be the french onion soup.