Thread: Chicken pot pie points?

Replies

Help, please! I'm on a business trip without my trusty points finder, and I don't want to order the salmon (comes with pasta on the side, which is a HUGE red-light food for me when I'm hungry) or the sea bass (comes with risotto, which is as bad or worse than pasta), or the filet (too many points, and comes with mashed potatos), and if I eat one more piece of roasted chicken I just might scream. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So I want to get the chicken pot pie, to which I can add a salad, and I don't have to eat the crust if I don't want to.

My question - how many points in chicken pot pie? Please help!

UPDATE:

Never mind. I ordered a side salad and the pot pie, and (as I usually do), peeled off the top so that I could eat the chunks of chicken with a bit of the gravy but not all of it. And I could not find a single piece of chicken in the pot pie. :eek: So I returned it, and got a grilled chicken sandwich instead (that one did have chicken, as advertised). [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 22, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: calgal ]

According to the Winning Points Food Guide:

Pot pies, any type, fast food 1...... 19 pts.

beef, chicken or turkey, frozen 1 (7oz)...11 pts.

HTH
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end, even if it was in a left hand kind of way. But, I do have a question: Why couldn't you have ordered the fish and told them to keep the risotto and pasta and asked for a steamed veg (or any veg for that matter, almost) instead?
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

Replies

Duchess,

Thanks for the pot pie info; maybe I'll use it on a future trip.

Rouenmom, I have found that when I ask for veggies on the side and am ordering room service, they just don't come steamed with nothing on them. They come steamed (or microwaved) with butter or oil (and yes, I've asked for them to come dry and been disappointed), or grilled with tons of olive oil, or whatever. And I just can't accurately guesstimate how much oil/butter is in grilled veggies on the side, which makes me resent eating them. If I'm going to spend 3 points on a side dish, I'd rather that it be a roll. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thankfully, my chicken sandwich (sans bun, because I'd already eaten a roll with my salad) was very tasty, and not coated in grease. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Calgal
    Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:
    180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:
    182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

imported_Kelly_S Guest

When you order something and it does not come like you ordered it then you send it back and be specific. You are the paying customer and if you ask for it cooked a certain way they should comply. I have had to send 'steamed veggies no oil or butter' back at least twice during the same visit.

Going away "without" your points finder? I have several ww eating out books with a variety of restaurants and point values. I keep one of them in the glove compartment of my car for emergencies.

Dawna

[ October 23, 2003, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: LegalEagle ]
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

I didn't say I left without my points finder (or Food Companion) intentionally - I have a points finder and copy of the Food Companion in my desk drawer at work, and another complete set at home. When packing for most trips (including business trips) I almost always toss the points finder or (even more importantly) Food Companion into my bag. This time, I forgot. Fortunately, I already know the points for 90% of the foods I eat (I've been doing this for long enough to have them memorized).

That said, I think I'm going to start putting my Food Companion next to my toothbrush so when I pack one I can't forget to pack the other. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Calgal
    Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:
    180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:
    182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Replies

Kelly, I hear ya. I've done the "send it back" thing too, and for things less obvious than tonight's no chicken in the chicken pot pie. [img]smile.gif[/img] I just find it easier to send it back and be specific when I'm looking at the waiter who knows his (her) tip depends on getting the meal right, rather than room service. Some days, I just don't want to face the hassle. And some days, if I say "no pasta" (when I know I really WANT the pasta, but I just can't handle it), I just feel like something would be missing from my meal.

Totally psychological, I know, but depending on my mood, I make myself not feel deprived by ordering a meal that does not have to be changed at all to suit my points range.

I do realize that this plan can be done, and can be done successfully, by insisting that food be prepared the way I want to eat it - not the way the chef wants to prepare it. And that's the way I approach my meals, and that's how I've stayed at lifetime for the past 2 years. (I once had a semi-argument with a waiter who tried to convince me that I really needed mozzarella in my pasta-and-eggplant dish because that's what added the taste - that and 15 extra points...) I guess what it really boils down to is, today, I really wanted that chicken pot pie instead of the fish. (So there - y'all found me out. [img]smile.gif[/img] )