Thread: Any good ideas...

1. Post

Anyone have any good ideas on things for breakfast. I am getting sick of my ff waffles or lf english muffins.
    Thanks

[ October 16, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Kitkat0917 ]

imported_Kelly_S Guest

I do a smoothie everyday. I use 1/2-1 cup of mixed fruit and then 1/2-1 cup of strawberries, 1/2 a cup plain fat-free yogurt, 1 cup Diet V8 Splash.......... 3 points

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Are you looking for breakfasts easy to take out the door? They try this site: Grab and Go Breakfasts

2 sl lite bread (1) w/ 1 tb peanut b (2) small banana (1)

lite yogurt (2) w/ banana (1) or other fruit (1)

1/2 cup lite cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup applesauce (a staple when I was a teenager)

believe it or not: 2 oz tuna, 2 sl lite bread. I do that one a lot.
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

Catrina Guest

I make my own egg McMuffins

1 pt Engligh Muffin
    1 pt Scrambled Egg Pattie
    1 pt slice of cheese
    1 pt sausage pattie or slice of low fat ham.

[ October 17, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Catrina ]

I like to make a parfait. I use 8 oz light yogurt (2 points), 1/2 cup lite frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (1 point), and either 1/2 cup Health Valley Real Oat Bran (3 points) or 1/2 cup Post Grape-Nuts (3 points). It's huge and keeps me going till lunch.
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

7. Post

Thanks
    Yes. I am basically looking for things somewhat fast. I have some time to eat but not a lot.

I have done egg beaters and a Light English Muffin or the FF waffles.

Also, I am running out of ideas for dinner. I am basically eating a lot of frozen meals, because I do not have time to make dinner most nights. That gets expensive so I am having a hard time being able to "afford" eating healthy. You never really realize how cheap "Junk Food" is until you really need to buy healthy. I have made a couple homemade meals when I do have the chance and freeze them but that is not often.

Any weight I am losing now is between following the diet and not being able to afford food. Not really funny but at least I am losing weight.

Suggestions on Cheap meals?

[ October 17, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Kitkat0917 ]

Breakfast sand...
    2 slices of Aunt Hautties lite bread(1 point)
    slice of 2% cheese(1 point)
    ff Turkey 2 slices (.5 points)
    Egg whites 1 large or 2 small (.5 points)

There you have it a three point breakfast, and if you are in a hurry forego the eggwhites and add some extra turkey!

Sometime I will have these for lunch also...Just add salsa!
    Cheers,
    Christina

187/142/WWG142
    DD born 9/9/2003
    Personal goal 135

Punky Butterbutt
    Kira Rayne

imported_Renée Guest

Hi Kitkat [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

I'm not home much so I don't have time to cook either. Do you have a crockpot? There are some great crockpot recipes posted on this website. I love coming home from work/school and having dinner already made.

Also, pre-packaged meals are expensive, healthy or not. It's best to use coupons when they are on sale and stock up. But, you can also buy chicken breasts in a large package and freeze them individually. Check out all the recipe pages/posts on this website. I have found many, many recipes there.

Hope this helps. Post again if you need more ideas.

girlinmotion Guest

Some easy, cheap ways to eat healthy:
    -Make a big pot of WW 0-point soup each weekend (or once a month make a quadruple batch and freeze). Soup and a sandwich is a decent, fast dinner.
    -Canned soups are fast and nutritious. There are types available for 2pts per cup (look for low fat cream soups, lentil/bean soups, vegetable soups). Some canned soups are high sodium, so watch out for that if sodium bothers you
    -Make chili or stew, freeze leftovers in 1-serving containers. (See vegetarian chili recipes for a 2 point/cup recipe I posted that is super easy and yummy). These can be done in a crockpot too
    -Omelettes make a great dinner. I like eggbeaters with mushrooms, onions and feta cheese. You could add low fat deli ham or bacon as well.
    -Baked potatoes done in the microwave served with FF sour cream or salsa are a good small meal or side dish (don't forget to ***** with a fork to stop them from exploding )
    -Veggie burgers (some Boca's are 1 point) are a favourite fast meal for me. My favourite is the low fat Boca on a light bun with a cheese slice and some sauteed mushrooms and onions. It takes 10 minutes and it is soooo yummy.
    -Pita bread pizzas: put some tomato sauce on a pita bread, top w lots of veggies and low fat meat if you like. Sprinkle on some cheese and broil until bubbly. Buy the shredded part-skim mozzarella (you can keep the cheese in the freezer so it will last longer).

I'm a vegetarian, but if you aren't then you can do a lot of easy things with chicken breasts. Buy the boneless ones in bulk when they are on sale. Marinate in FF italian dressing, or light teriyaki sauce, and grill/broil them all at once. Package up in individual serving sizes. Freeze and keep for quick dinners:

-Frozen bags of mixed stirfry veggies with chicken breast and some teriyaki/soy sauce over quick-cook rice
    -Thaw and heat chicken breast in microwave, place in a soft tortilla with salsa, any fresh veggies you like (I like peppers, tomato, lettuce and cucumber) and add some FF sourcream. A great 7 point meal (or less depending on tortilla brand). You can also do this with beans (I buy the fat-free refried bean mix that you just add boiling water to).
    -Heat and serve over a big salad (w low fat Caesar dressing and bacon bits for example)

I hope that helps!