Thread: Enova oil

Replies

Anyone using the new Enova oil? I bought some recently at Whole Foods, and just used it this morning to saute the veggies to go in my omelet. Really light tasting.

[ September 27, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: SSKatie ]
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

FirstCavWife Guest

Question

Katie,
    What I want to know is how the heck you would figure points when you use this stuff????
    According to their website:
    Enova oil has essentially the same calories and fat content as the soy and canola oil from which it is made. But remember – less of the fat in Enova oil will be stored in your body, and more of the calories in Enova oil are available to be burned immediately as energy.

ACK!!! That's a total nightmare for someone like me who is totally points anal and gets freaky if I don't know the EXACT points in something!
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    -Dawn

Replies

I guess the issue would be the same as eating something with trans-fats and something made with canola oil---same points but the latter is much better for you.

I'm still not going to use Enova oil to deep-fat fry with or to dip bread into [img]smile.gif[/img] , even though our body processes it differently, but I guess I'll be a little more likely to use it in recipes that call for a little oil. I also want to use it when I make my tortillas--think it will improve the texture.

Maybe WW will come out with a new ruling on how to count Enova oil! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

[ September 28, 2003, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: SSKatie ]
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Points would be the same as any oil! It is just 'supposedly' better for you.