Thread: Chocolate Coke Cake Recipe?

Replies

Question

Does any one have the recipe for a cake made with cake mix and a can of coke. My aunt heard about it at a weight watchers meating. I was hoping for some input.
    Thanks to all Jeanie [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    "Magic Happens when you believe" <br />-Me-<br />YaYa Name-Goddess Ants in Her Pants<br />Goal 10% by 12-2003<br />before WW-195<br /> CW-190.5<br /> 10%-175.5<br /> Goal-135

If you do a search for Diet Coke Cake under the Desserts heading, there are several posts regarding this. You can basically use any flavor cake mix with 8 oz. of diet soda/pop. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Points will vary depending on the cake mix used.

HTH
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

any commercial cake mix and any flavored diet soda -- 12 oz. mix and bake according to package instructions. 8 oz soda is not enough liquid -- we recently make yellow cake w/ diet cream soda; yellow w/ orange soda; and chocolate cake w/ diet coke. all were fab. You can make this in either a tube pan, muffin tin, or layers. (but if you do layers, you might be tempted to fill and frost! )
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

FirstCavWife Guest

Be sure to check the stats on the cake mix before you buy it!!!! There are so many rumors going around that this makes a 1 Point cupcake....it only does if 1/24 of the cake mix (1 serving, I believe) is 1 point AND you make 24 cupcakes out of it!!! Every cake mix that I've found so far is 2 to 4 points per serving....and that's just the dry mix. I'm not a big cake person, so I haven't looked THAT hard, but I just wanted to dispell the "1 Point Cupcake" Myth.
    -Dawn

Replies

Thumbs up

Thanks for the input. I am still not really confident on looking things up I am new to the board. I am going to try to make this today. I can not drink nutra sweet so I am going to try to make this with Dite Rite the only cola I can drink.
    Have a BCB day!
    Jeanie [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    "Magic Happens when you believe" <br />-Me-<br />YaYa Name-Goddess Ants in Her Pants<br />Goal 10% by 12-2003<br />before WW-195<br /> CW-190.5<br /> 10%-175.5<br /> Goal-135

Thumbs up

i just wanted to add that you can also mix a can of pumpkin with chocolate cake mix, and it turns out VERY yummy. DH made this for my birthday. he also sprinkled a little bit of pumpkin pie spice in, and "frosted" the cake with cool whip. it was so delicious!

Right -- FirstCavWife is right -- if you make 24 cupcakes (which are TINY)... but, the boxes all say, serving size is 1/12 of cake -- which works out coincidentally enough, to one dozen decent sized cupcakes which turns into 1 cupcake = 3 points...
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.