Thread: master cook

I also posted this message under product reviews but from reading this board it seems that several posters to this board use this product - any reviews that you can provide would be helpful.

---------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of getting master cook and I'm wondering if it will meet my needs.

1. I would like to have a grocery list printed out for me weekly.

2. I would like to be able to enter family recipes "quicky" and "easily" - for the purpose of finding out how many points the recipes are.

3. I would like to download recipes from cooks.com or other sites.

Anything you can share with me regarding what you like and dislike about this program would be apprecated.

Thanks

Mastercook 7.0

Check out their website. It looks like the newest version does everything you're wanting it to do.

HTH
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Amber3383 Guest

so master cook tells you how many points are in a recipe?

mastercook give the nutritional analysis for a serving. So it give calories, fat and fiber which then you can use your points finder to figure out the points. I have Mastercook and love it.

Laura
    Laura (·ΞΆσ )

Laura's Weight loss Journey
    Korea Pictures
    Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

I don't want to sound stupid here, but exactly is Mastercook and what is their web site? I'd like to take a look at it
    Elaine

Elaine,

Mastercook is a recipe software. It allows you to import and export recipes, gives you the nutritional analysis so that you are able to figure out points per serving in a recipe. If you go back to my previous reply on this thread, there is a blue colored link "Mastercook". Click on it and it will take you to the software's website where you see what it is capable of doing and place and order for the software.
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I just looked at the web site and it looks like something I might like to get. How are the recipies included? Are there any crock pot recipies? I have a bunch of recipies on disks and it would be great to have everthing in one place.
    Thanks,
    Elaine
    Elaine