Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter?

Replies

Has anyone found peanut butter that tastes good and is lower in fat or has less sugar? I think I tried Peter Pan Low Fat before and remember disliking it. I saw one that said "whipped" on it but didn't know if that would taste any better. Anyone know or have any other recommendations?

slave2cats Guest

The low-fat Jif is not too bad. Peter Pan and Skippy are too sweet for me.

Replies
    Blog Entries

I use the whipped Peter Pan and love it! I cannot buy it in my city so I have to order it cases at a time, lol.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

Paris, how ironic that in order to lose weight you must order Peanut Butter by the case! I love it!
    Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217
    CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Paris,

Do you really buy it by the case? I cannot find whipped peanut butter anywhere in the Pennsylvania area and I would seriously order some if I knew where. I even tried doing an internet search but couldn't find anything. Please tell your source!
    Sincerely,
    Cat
    HW167 / WW140 / CW125

Replies

This may or may not be helpful: If you have a VitaMix you can make your own! I use 1/2 dry roasted peanuts and 1/2 dry roasted soynuts. I control the oil (1-2 TBS. peanut oil) and the sugar (I add Splenda).

At first my DH was stuck on Skippy, but he's come over to MY SIDE...!!! I leave it a little bit "crunchy"...and when it's freshly ground it's warm...MMM!

I remember reading that Smuckers sells peanut butter in 1 oz. plastic containers for people who need to portion their peanut butter, or want to carry it with them~ [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Replies

So, I forgot to make my point! You can usually find "freshly ground" peanut butter in health food sections of grocery stores, in food co-ops, etc.

That way, all you're getting is freshly ground peanuts! Thick and substantial. Very wonderful! Minus the added fat and sugar! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies
    Blog Entries

Amy, I know! The irony is very weird. Funny thing is I am already on my second case in 8 mos. I gotta have my PB!

Cat, I order it from Hometown Favorites. It's about $3 a jar and you must spend at least $20 with them so I get a case of 7 each oder. It is worth every penny; I love the way it spreads so easily.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Amy, your post here gave me my lst. chuckle for the day.

Carol, thank you for reminding me I can make this in my Vita=Mix.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Carol, thanks you so much for posting about the smuckers single servings. I have been saying how I wish someone would put peanut butter in individual servings and here someone already had.

I love peanut butter but haven't had any in the house since last December. When I was a kid my dad always had me on a diet and would never let me have peanut butter. It was like the thing I craved most and then I would have to watch all the other kids eat PB&J sandwhiches with their lunch while I was stuck eating a salad. Anyway when I'm around an open jar of it I have a real control problem. Since being on weight watcher's I feel like I'm in control now but this is really like the ultimate challenge for me. I have been eating the peanut butter skinny cows and the peanut butter pria bars and am able to control that so this is the next big step for me. I am going to go with the Peter Pan whipped but if I can't keep myself in check then I will just get the Smuckers individual servings until I learn to eat it in moderation. Thank you again for telling me about the Smuckers!

Thanks to all of you for your posts about the peanut butter.
    -Betina

I've never found any place to buy the individual Smuckers. I generally take one or two when I give blood. I'm a regular there so they know me and said it's ok. Recently though Skippy has come out with tubes of PB that are in all the grocery stores around here. A tube is a bit more than 1 tbs less than 2. It works out to 3 points. Another thing I have done is to buy natural PB and keep it in the fridge so it stays hard. It's not as appealing to me then but I still have to be careful when I'm scooping it out about not taking that little extra taste or 3.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

12. Post

Believe it or not the only place I can find WHIPPED is in a store that has stopped carrying half of what I buy! Its HEB pantry foods. Its half the size of a regular store and they dont normally carry everything the other stores do. Anyway its got less fat than even RF PB and its light and airy, I love it. Its $1.75 a jar or $1.50 when on sale.

I gotta have it too.

Tiff

Replies

Just a reminder to check the points on PB...regular PB has the same number of points as Reduced Fat. Not worth it to go low fat IMO for this.

Whipped is a different ballgame.

Replies

And the reduced fat is taking out the good fats that are in PB and replacing it with sugar.
    Dianne<br />Lifetime!

Replies

I remember writing down the information a LONG time ago, but essentially you buy the 1 oz. size from Smucker's themselves. The catch: you have to buy about $50.00 worth at a time. However, it lasts a long time, OR you could split an order with someone.

Also, aren't those peanut butter "slices" (wrapped like cheese slices) 1 oz.? That's another way to portion your PB.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Paris,
    Thanks for the link to get the Whipped Peter Pan!
    How many points is a serving and how big is a serving?
    Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Be assured that if God waits longer than you wish, it is only to make the blessing all the more precious" - Unknown

Kraft light PB is not too bad. Also, if you have a Safeway grocery store close by, the light Safeway brand is pretty good! Just another idea for ya!

~*CaLGaL*~

LovingMom, I'm not Paris but I happen to have a jar of Peter Pan Whipped PB in my pantry. I haven't tried it yet because I want to finish up the jar of natural PB in my fridge. Anyway the serving size is 2TBS (24 grams) It has:
    Calories 140
    Fat 12
    Fiber 2
    Points 3
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

I live on a college campus and we have the Smuckers individuals in the cafeteria. How funny that I never thought to grab a handful when I go in there! I will definitely have to start stealing my peanut butter!
    I, also, have trouble with peanut butter. I bought a jar recently to eat with apples. I, literally, use the tablespoon on my measuring spoons to scoop out the pb and then dip my apple slices into the tablespoon. And I agree that the regular pb is better than the low fat - you give up the good stuff and spend just as many points.
    KPA

jmjgtodd Guest

You can also order Peter Pan Whipped Peanut butter from Netgrocer.com if you can't find it in a store near you.

Joni

Thanks Joanne for the info on the whipped PB.
    I appreciate it. I have to decide if I really want to buy 7 jars of PB! [img]smile.gif[/img] DH used to be able to help eat it, but since I've been OP he has started eating the WW way of life too.
    BTW, congrats on your loss! Love your pictures! You look great!
    "Be assured that if God waits longer than you wish, it is only to make the blessing all the more precious" - Unknown

I am a peanut butter junkie! I have to have it everyday. That is the one food I won't give up. I love everything about it. I love the smell, the taste, the texture, the creaminess, the crunchiness. I want some right now!
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

Replies

wwlvr, LOL! I feel the same way about PB!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

mmmmmmmm-hmmmmmmmmmm...

i have it 6 days out of 7 a week...at least!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

kati
    SW: 243.0
    CW: 192.2

Replies

I have managed to successfully add the Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter to my diet. Last week I had a peanut butter sandwhich every day for lunch and I lost 3.5 lbs for the week. I am just thrilled that I can have it again and I'm totally in control. I just never thought peanut butter could fit into a weight loss plan.

I am so glad I didn't buy one of those low fat ones. I was really surpised at how good the whipped was. I can't tell the difference - it is just easier to spread than the regular peanut butter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast