Thread: 1 point tortillas?

Ok, I found the 1-point english muffins (LOVE THOSE) but what about the 1 point tortillas? Does anyone know the brand names? The ones I found are 2 points and are in the aisle with the mexican food.

You betcha! La Tortilla brand tortillas. Lov'em, lov'em, lov'em! My local grocer carries them over in the bakery department and not with the traditional tortillas. They come in a couple of sizes. I know the smaller one, is about 6 inches and actually works out to 0 points for one tortilla! You heard me - zip, nada, nothing!

Happy tortilla hunting!
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

3. Post

I had gotten the LA tortilla factory Lowcal, low fat, high fibre, low carb tortilla but it came out to half a point not 0

anyway I cant stomach them anymore. they may be really low in points but they are even lower in taste. I tried them for everything too. From eggs n cheese to sausage and mustard.

I just count the 2ptr or 2.5pts fr the big ones and suck up the point difference.

Tiff

I have found 2 brands of 6 inch flour tortillas that are 1 point per tortilla.

Kroger brand 98% Fat Free Fajita Size Flour Tortillas (80 cal / 0.5 g fat / 2 g fiber)

and

Mission brand 98% Fat Free Fajita (or maybe Taco) Size Flour Tortillas (don't have the nutritional info. off hand)

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Both of the 1 point tortillas are about 6". Personally that does not satisify me (nor did the La Tortilla Factory ones) so I such it up and use the next size up which is 120 cal/1 fat/2 fiber or 2 points! Makes a decent size quesadilla too.

Replies

For anybody living in Canada (at least on the west coast) we have 1 point tortillas that are fabulous. They're called Healthy Way sprouted grain tortillas. They're huge and very filling. One of them has just one point, although if you can eat 2 of them, it works out to 3 points. I buy them at Costco near where I live.

Ann
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Replies

Oh Ann, I have to check at the Costco in Calgary - I have just found the 2 point ones which seem to be a lot of points to spend on something like tortillas. Thanks! Sheila