Thread: Points for American products

Replies

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me. I live in Germany and my mom sent us a care package from the states with American goodies and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the points for the following items?
    Kraft Mac & Cheese, Kool-aid (Black Cherry), Wolf Brand Chili (no Beans), Tony Chachere's creole jambalaya dinner mix, Past Roni angel hair pasta with herbs, Cambell's vegetarian vegetable soup, Cambell's cream of mushroom soup, Augratin potato mix and Fat Free refried beans. Any help would be great. If anyone needs any "german point" info let me know. Please help I can't wait to dig into this stuff (without feeling guilty
    Thanks,
    Vicki
    Vicki

Replies

I don't know the point value for those products right off, but I just wanted to give a shout out to a WWer in Germany! I am from the U.S. but lived in Deutschland for 2 years and first started WW there. The point system there is different, isn't it?? That was a little confusing when I came back to the U.S. I still have all my German point books. It is a fun thing to have around. Viel Glueck!
    - Original WW SW = 158.2<br />- GW = 130<br /><br />Since joining BCB:<br />8/25/03 150.5<br />9/1/03 147.5<br />9/8/03 147.5<br />9/15/03 146<br />9/22/03 144<br />10/1/03 141.5<br />10/7/03 141.5<br />10/14/03 140.5<br />= down 10 lbs

Replies

Yeah the points are different here but we like it (my husband is actually doing this at home as well, he hates his love handles.) It's been 4 weeks and I've lost around 6kg. The new books here also include Aldi so thats good. We've been here for a little over 2 years and I am sweating my vacation in the states in November. I refuse to gain weight!
    Vicki
    Vicki

Kraft Mac & Cheese
    original, prepared, 1 C...9 pts.
    Pasta Roni
    Angel hair pasta w/herbs, prepared, 1 C....7 pt.
    Kool-aid
    Black cherry mix, prepared w/sugar & water, 8 oz
    .....2 pt.
    Campbell's Soup
    Vegetarian Vegetable, 1/2 C....1 pt.
    Cream of Mushroom, 1/2 C...2 pt.
    Augratin potato mix, ie., Betty Crocker brand
    prepared, 1/2 C....3 pt.
    Refried Beans, fat free, canned
    1/2 C.....2 pt.

Could not find listing for Tony Chacheres brand, but Jambalaya mix, 1/4 C....3 pt.
    Jambalaya
    chicken, w/rice, 1.5 C....9 pt.
    fish, w/rice, 1.5 C....9 pt.

HTH!

Replies

Thanks a lot well at least I can eat this stuff some of the time. My son can have the mac and cheese for 9pts I'll pass [img]graemlins/ugh.gif[/img] . Also at least it won't kill me to have a cup of kool-aid once in a while. Mom sent like 30 packages of the stuff. Good thing with a kid that doesn't stay in the fridge that long.
    Vicki

You're welcome! And you're right about the kids - nothings sits around here for long with 2 kids (and DH).
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Is the KoolAide Mix 'presweetened.' If it is the kind you have to mix up and add the sugar yourself use Nutrasweet or Splenda in it and make it a zero point drink!

Replies

Well over here in Germany we don't have Splenda or Nutrasweet or it's just plain old high point sugar. We do have stuff like that in pill form (for coffee and teas) but they did a study and found that if you use stuff like in large amounts instead of sugar then you have more of a chance to crave sweets later in the day. I'll take my chances with the sugar then since I have not had a candy bar or cookies in about a month! Made the Kool-Aid and my son drank it all, I had a sip just to check if I put enough sugar in it. We have never put the whole cup in it, but then again I don't make it everyday since I have to ration it!
    Vicki

Replies

Hi from Hamburg!

I don't have points info of the bat for you because I am a bit frazzled right now preparing for a trip to the US... But I had to jump in here because I am also American and living in Germany (and doing the German WW program from home via a CD). Someone's tag line said Bloomington, Indiana. Well, I graduated from IU. Small world. Bloomington was really my last official address before I moved here.

Good luck finding the points. I know what a pain it is when you get care packages with US serving information. You have to do a little math to figure out how to plug the right stuff into the program to get the right points info.

Take care,
    Sally

Points in the U.S., while calculated differently from the points in Germany (and also in other countries) are still calculable by YOUR standards. For example, I know in some countries, fiber is not included in the calculation at all but it doesn't change the fact that you can still figure out the points based on your countries' respective systems. If you have your pointsfinder, why not calculate, based on the nutritional information provided, your German version of the points? BEcause, that's the program you're going with (e.g., in England, most fruit is considered only 1/2 point -- but that's because the points target is different -- and also because of the calculation. It would be interesting to see the comparison between what our American foods are vs. how the German numbers come out. Let us know.
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.