Thread: DaVinci's and popcorn?

Replies

Okay I admit that I am a Davinci-a-holic. And maybe I am stretching it here...but has anyone ever put DaVinci's carmel flavor on their popcorn?

I have a big bowl of popcorn and my DaVinci's is sitting on the counter. So I thought...hmmm carmel corn?

I poured a little on and it's YUMMY. The biggest problem is getting it spread evenly. It pours quickly, so I dont' want to soak the popcorn and have it be soggy.

Do you think a Misto or other spray bottle would work? I could give my popcorn a little spritz with some carmel

Any other buddy ever try it?

I am always looking for ways to spice up the popcorn. I have tried parmesan cheese, Molly McButter cheese flavor sprinkles, paprika and garlic salt (not all at once)

I am off to carmel corn heaven [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

FirstCavWife Guest

As I started reading your post I thought about the sprayer thing too! I really think that might work. THEN, as I started typing this, I had another idea! What about CRYSTAL LITE???? Maybe Raspberry????? (I have seen raspberry sprinkle for popcorn) What do you think???????
    -Dawn

jmjgtodd Guest

You might check out www.kernelseasonings.com. They have a bunch of different flavors. I like apple cinnamon on popcorn.

Replies

I've got several flavors of the kernel seasons, and just tried the apple-cinnamon on popcorn yesterday--very yummy!

And I have the Davincis, and I have a mister, and I have popcorn! Hmmmmmmm.....I'll post what I find out later!!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

Hi guys [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Dawn, GMTA eh? Crystal Light is an interesting idea! I am going to have to try it.

Joni, thanks for that link! I haven't tried them before...I may have to now

Katie isn't it yummy?!?! I have only tried the carmel. I dont have any peanut butter DaVinci's But I wonder if you sprayed a little carmel, then sprayed a little peanut butter....would it taste like Fiddle Faddle? or carmel/peanut popcorn?

Hmmmm I may just HAVE to make a Davinci's order

Happy POPping
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

Replies

Brdwygurl, Eureka!! I used Davinci peanut butter flavor and sprayed it on my popcorn. Excellent! I think you're on to something!

Tomorrow I'll use the caramel! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

Hey, I'm gonna need a few more misters if this keeps up! I was gonna try the caramel, too, but I was too lazy to pour out the PB and put the caramel in the only mister I've got!

But I think this whole thing has MUCH promise....
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

I'll confess - I've sprinkled the caramel syrup on my popcorn. Thought a mister would be a great idea... Katie, what kind of mister do you use?
    Ellen

SW 349.6 / CW 334.6 / GW 132.0
    Not ashamed to say that I'm back (again) but this time I'm here to stay!
    OvCa Warrior Princess

FirstCavWife Guest

They sell those sprayers at WalMart for just under $5
    -Dawn

Replies

Ellen, I have the "oil-o-pump" made by Gemco Ware in Freeport NY. Don't remember where I got it, but I think it was at Whole Foods, and it wasn't very expensive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*He leadeth me.

Replies

Thanks, Dawn. THAT's where I probably found it!