Thread: zucchini

Does anyone have some recipies and WW points for zucchini dishes, breads and cakes?
    Elaine

Oven Fried Zucchini Spears (WW)

3 tablespoons seasoned dried bread crumbs
    1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
    1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    dash of pepper
    2 medium zucchini (12 oz)
    2 teaspoons olive oil

Preheat oven 475. Combine all ingredients except zucchini and oil on shallow plate. Cut zucchini lengthwise in quarters and quarters in half. In plastic bag combine zucchini, oil and 2 t. water. Close bag & shake to moisten. Dredge zucchini in crumbs. Arrange on baking sheet, bake 10-12 minutes.

2 servings
    3 pts. per serving

Replies

When you sign on go to the right hand top of page under Post a reply, you will see , my profile/registe/search/faq/forum home and click on the word search

fill out the info and then you can find the receipes you want that are posted here on BCB;

Example:

when the new window comes up type in Zucchini
    in the first bos, then type in which dish you are lookling for_ such as bread, etc
    leave the rest of boxes as they are and then hit the search button on botton of page, up comes the receipes.

Hope ;this helps you.

Here is one I found under desserts:
    Exported from MasterCook *

Chocolate Zucchini Cake--3 Points per serving

Recipe By : Better Homes & Gardens Healthy Family Cookbook
    Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:15
    Categories : 3 Points--Ww Cakes
    Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    Non-stick spray coating
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1/4 cup cooking oil
    3 egg whites
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups zucchini -- finely shredded
    2 teaspoons powdered sugar
    1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1. Spray a 6-cup fluted tube pan or a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating (if using a fluted pan, dust with all-purpose flour). Set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl stir together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and egg whites till well blended. Add the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, the 1/3 cup cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir mixture just till moistened (batter will be thick). Stir in zucchini.

3. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in a 350* oven fro 45-50 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. (For tube pan, cool on wire rack 15 minutes; remove cake from pan)

4. Combine the powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder. Sift cocoa mixture on cake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Replies

I just love to use zucchini as a substitute for ground beef in quesadillas, chili and spaghetti sauce. Just chop into small chunks and sautee.

Today I started a "Favorite Zucchini Recipes" thread under BCB's Favorite Recipes/Side Dishes. Hopefully others will post their favorite recipes.

Cheree
    Get set with the right mind set.

p.c. Guest

If you make the above oven fried zucc. but slice it lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick, you can layer it with spag. sauce and mozz. cheese and make zucch. parmesan. It is SOOOOO good. Just adjust the points to reflect how much cheese, etc you use. I'm having this for dinner this week!

Here is a great recipe for a Zucchini Tomato casserole that is ALWAYS a huge hit at Thangsgiving and Christmas (and every other time of the year that it is served!)

You layer sliced zucchini and sliced tomatoes in a casserole dish. In between each layer is a mixture consisting of: grated chedder cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
    Layer as follows:
    Zucchini
    Cheese mixture
    Tomatoes
    Cheese mixture
    etc. (Finishing with the cheese). You can put a top layer of sauteed onions and bread crumbs too. Bake covered at 325 F for 30 minutes, then remove the cover and bake another 25 minutes. You really don't need much cheese, just a very thin layer between the veggies to add a little flavour. The only points in this dish is the cheese (and butter and bread crumbs for the optional top layer)

Hope that youe enjoy as much as we do!!

Lindsay

Thank You for helping me find recipies here, I'm new at this and don't know my way around the site too good.
    Elaine