Thread: 1 Point English Muffins in Texas!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!! I just got back from my Super Walmart at Coit and 190 in Plano and they had the 1 point English Muffins in the Deli section!!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] They are the Nature's Grains brand Lite English Muffins. They have 100 calories, 1 g fat and 5 g fiber = 1 POINT!!!!
    So I had to try one the minute I got home. They are GREAT!! I like them even better than the ones they had in Pennsylvania when I was on vacation.
    The checker thought I was nuts cause I was so thrilled about English Muffins!
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

stephbear Guest

GREAT !!
    I am going to try the Super Walmart here in Houston

annettegla Guest

I found them at the Super Wal-Mart in Atascocita(Humble area). Even DH liked them.

4. Post

steph if you find them, let me know and Ill do the same. Im also in Houston and I go to the super walmart off 45 and El Dorado.

Tiff

Hey ya'll, which aisle at Super Wal-mart did you guys find those? I tried to look for it on the bread aisle but I didn't see it there...

They aren't in the bread aisle. They are in the deli section.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

They're not in the Waxahachie or Lancaster, Texas stores yet. Checked on Monday and again today.
    But, we have egg patties [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm trying to stay upbeat and optimistic that the stores close to me will someday get them. Neither store has the Ball Park white turkey franks either. They're both very slow to get new products for some reason.

It's just not worth the time, gas, and hassle of traffic to drive to Plano for them but I'm glad they're beginning to show up in this state.

Thanks for the heads up.
    [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

8. Post

I live in houston and I was shocked that the superwalmart near me doesnt carry this. They have one kind of english muffin in the *HUGE* bakery and its very high in points.

oh well ill keep looking

Replies

I'm from Maryland and my local grocery store (Giant) sells a store brand of lite English muffins (they're 90 calories, .5 g. fat; 5 g. fiber = 1 point). Maybe your local grocery sells something like that. I have to admit that I don't like them as much as Thomas' sourdough English muffins, but they're okay.
    Linda<br /><br />SW 202.4 7/31/16<br />CW 192.2 8/28/16<br />GW 135

Replies

Hi BCBers [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    When I get bored with the one point english muffins,I switch to the one point light hamburger buns !! I bought the store brand and they are one point each (shoprite brand). I had for breakfast today, One egg (microwaved it after I
    scrambled it in a small round pyrex sprayed with pam) and a slice of Veggie American Cheese (1 pt per slice) and put it on this bun....yummy. Its a total of 4 pts but well worth it.
    I was even able to purchase the store brand of the one point hot dog rolls too !! Give it a try.
    You would be surprised at whats out there. I take my points finder to the market with me when I shop. Don't want to miss a thing !!
    Have a Fabulous Weekend All !!
    Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

Is there a web address or 800 number that I can call to find out if these are available in Chicago or by mail order? If so, can you post it? Thanks.
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Lucky those of you who find one point English muffins - I've found it hard to even find two point muffins!!! Lillie

Replies

My grocery store (Pathmark) just started carrying some 1pt English Muffins and I am so happy

they are Harvest Pride Light (light yellow package) 90 cal and 5grams of fiber.

I love them toasted with PB or for breakfast I add some scrambled egg beaters and slice of low-fat cheese for a 3pt Egg-Mc-Muffin. The balance of carbs/fat/protein keeps my full most of the morning [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

Replies

Thanks for posting this. I am off to Super Wal-mart this morning to see if I can't find them in Austin. If they put them in the deli section it is no wonder that I can't find the darn things - I'm always looking with the breads. I have been missing english muffins. I usually toast the sour dough english muffins with meat and cheese on them and then add some onions, olives, and lettuce - it tastes like a Schlotsky's sandwhich.

Thanks again.
    -Betina