Thread: Lychees?

Does anyone have an idea how I would calculate lychee nuts? (Also spelled litchee) One of my favourite fruits but have no clue how to calculate them.

christa
    Recommit - Jan 2008
    Highest weight - 170
    170/142(ww)/137(pg)

christa,
    i am not sure but i will investigate. question for you: how to you eat/prepare litchee nuts? what do they taste like? i have them growing in my
    yard and have no idea what to do with them!

Chris2 [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Chris<br />bookncook@aol.com<br />160/154.5/130<br /><br />"take my advice, i'm not using it!"

I simply wash them (just to get off any dirt and stuff), peel off the husk and eat the meat of the fruit. Don't eat the nut - not very tasty. [img]graemlins/ugh.gif[/img] It's very juicy, sweet, and almost fragnant. I know some people put them through their juicer and have lychee juice. You can use them in fruity deserts. I like them plain and on their own. One of my favourite fruits. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Christa

btw: can I add how envious I am of you! having these wonderful fruits growing in your backyard! WOW!

Replies

I just looked this up online.

A 3 1/2 oz. serving (about 10 fruits) contains 66 calories.

okay,
    now that i know i have a yummy one point snack growing in my yard, i'm going out to pick. to bad i can't mail them, christa!
    Chris2
    Chris<br />bookncook@aol.com<br />160/154.5/130<br /><br />"take my advice, i'm not using it!"

Thanks Renee! That's a pretty good deal. 10 Lychees for one point. Woo Hoo!

christa
    Recommit - Jan 2008
    Highest weight - 170
    170/142(ww)/137(pg)