Thread: Michelina's Frozen Entrees

Replies

I was grocery shopping yesterday and saw that Michelina's has apparently repackaged some of its entrees and has calculated points right on the front. Wow! WW is everywhere! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I can. I will.<br /> <br />Started WW: 9-15-09<br />SW: 251.4<br />CW: 219.0<br />WWGW: 150<br />PGW: 135<br />Lost: 32.4

Replies

That is so cool! I hope they are doing that in Canada too. I am going to check it out next time I go shopping. What a great way to plan ahead without using all that time figuring it out!
    sara

5'2"
    169.5/140.5/135

I've seen some other products with the points on them. Blue Bunny fudge pops, I think.

Another buddy posted a while back about Michelina's having a line of "light" entrees but I still haven't seen them.
    Jessica (in Seattle)
    5'6"
    HW: 204.4
    CW: 165.6
    WWG: 148
    PG: 135
    Getting back to goal

Replies

Thanks for the info! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Budget Gourmet has also repackaged and reformulated about 6 of their meals into
    Lean Budget Gourmets. They also have the WW points listed on the back.

I think it is so cool that other companies are working with WW to make their foods points friendly for us!
    Carla<br /><br />Returning WW Lifetimer: OP March 17, 2003 <br />SW-289.2/CW-252.2/GW-159<br /><br />**2003 100LB Challenge**<br />Lbs lost to date: 37

Tracy136 Guest

That is progress! I had avoided these in the past because I was embarassed to stand there, with the freezer doors open, reading the nutritional value as fast as I could, before the freezer doors fogged up or my hand froze. BRRRRR! Glad to hear some manufacturers are making it easier for us.

I used to buy Michelina's entrees before I was on WW. They tasted good and were reasonably priced. Thanks for the info.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

When you check Michelina's out, be sure to check out the sodium content as well. These products are generally loaded with it.

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Yesterday for lunch I had the Michelina Salsbury Steak. On the box it said 4 points but when I used my slider it was right above the 5 line so I counted it as 5. It was delicious and worth 5 points but you may want to double check the points.

Mary

Replies

Just a point to ponder.. this week my leader talked about the many products which now show points on them. She said that often the points were calculated wrong, either too high or too low. She suggested that if it wasn't calculated by WW to use your points slider to make sure. I don't know about you, but I want to be certain that I'm not over calculating and I'm getting my points' worth...somthing to think about.
    Ann/Aignergal<br />281/202/155<br />closing in on 3rd 10%<br />------------------<br />"Strength is a matter of the made-up mind." John Beecher

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Most of them are calculated just based on the formula listed in the W/W patent and do not stop at the 4 gram fiber cap. That is how the points are usually lower.

12. Post

I am in love with the Michelinas meals.. their light meals are called "Lean Gourmet" and they are awesome! The macaroni and cheese is my favorite, I can't get enough of it. LOL Also, the cheese lasagna is great too. YUM!

Replies

I love the Michellina's Lean Gourmet. I think they are alot tastier than the healthy choice or the lean cuisine. I am a big fan of the salisbury steak and also the lasagna. Thank you for posting about the light Budget meals. I didn't notice them but will now be on the look out for them.
    - Betina

These are on sale this week for 99 cents at my Kroger and there was a coupon in the paper today. I will be checking these out.

Sarah

I had no idea Michelina's made light meals. I loved these when I wasn't OP so I'm excited to try the light ones.

Thank you all for sharing the info! I'm getting sick of Lean Cuisine.
    Junglejoy

I also saw the meals Michelina's had. I noticed that they had the points on the front of them too. The meals are more tastey than what I've had previously. I actually found them on sale @ my local grocery store i bought 10 for $10.00. Which is pretty good for the meals. It's good that other companys are recognizing WW.