Thread: Any ideas what I can make for my lunch?

If I like something I tend to eat that everyday and I never get tired of it. I want to break out of that cycle and try something different and tasty. I usually eat a chicken sandwich with Miracle Whip Light and a slice of 2% cheese, WOW barbecue chips, 16 ounces of water and a serving of tomato soup. Sometimes instead of MWL I will use 1/4 of an avocado. Any suggestions?
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

girlinmotion Guest

You could skip the chicken and mayo, use the cheese and some light margerine to make grilled cheese.

What about an easy way to vary things: try a new kind of soup. Minestrone, reduced fat cream soups, lentil soup, vegetable soup, pea soup...checkout all the possibilities!

Or switch the soup for a simple salad with light dressing!

What about foregoing the chips (your meal is probably quite high sodium with the chips, canned soup, and deli meat so this might be a good idea). You could use those points for some fruit, FF/SF fruit yogourt, or some low point cookies (try ginger snaps or fig newtons). If you eat at home, you could have a frozen treat like a fruit bar or fudgesicle!

Or be really radical and put the chicken and cheese in the salad, add salsa and a bit of FF sour cream, maybe even some black beans. You'll have a big, delicious homemade "taco" salad, especially if you skip the BBQ chips and choose baked corn tortilla chips instead!

Replies

girlieinmotion gave you some great ideas.

I was surprised to find low point thinly sliced roast beef in my grocery store. It is only 1point for TWO ounces. It is Hillshire Farms Deli Select, it is pre-packaged and comes in it's own gladware container.

I add that to some 1pt bread or roll....top with a slice of 2% cheese....microwave for 30secs and I have a 3pt version of Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich Sometimes I add a dab of horseradish to give it some kick.

Also if your sandwichs are getting boring, you can make them more "fun" by using wraps/tortillas. There are some tasty low pts ones out there.

Finally....scroll through the recipe forums. There is all kinds of yummy stuff there [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

good luck! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

This question has come up a few times recently. Here are the links to a couple threads about lunch:
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/ubb/u...;f=18;t=005389

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/cgi-b...&f=10&t=009278
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Thanks to all for your suggestions. They all sound wonderful. I will try it out sometime this week. Gotta go shopping later today.
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

Replies

I've been making grilled cheese with 100% whole wheat bread (2 slices=1 point) and 2 oz. of Velveeta Lite cheese ( it really melts great) and then I slice 1/2 of a granny smith apple on it. Then I grill it with butter flavored Pam. It is really good.
    I also use the same bread with 2 oz of turkey breast and 1 slice of red. fat swiss cheese and I grill that as well. Found this cranberry honey mustard spread at Wal-mart that is really good on the turkey sandwich.
    Elyse
    176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Today for my lunch I made a salad with a seasoned chicken breast and my fave dressing (Kraft Free Creamy Italian). It was deelish! Keep 'em comin'!

Something I've been trying lately and loving is the following:

chicken - cook it then finely cute it up
    green onion - add this in a bowl with your chicken
    spices - add to the bowl as well
    tomatoe - one thick slice
    lettuce - enough to feed ten rabbits

Place all on a point friendly bagel (put the lettuce down first so nothing slips through the hole) and ENJOY! It's delicious and filling, especially with a garden salad on the side! [img]smile.gif[/img]

SW=198lbs, CW=175.0lbs, GW=140lbs
    Previous SW's: 01/25/03-184, 09/06/05-174, 03/30/06-160, 10/18/06-167, 03/10/07-189, 01/01/09 -198