Thread: Chicken Question

Hello All... I would really appreciate any help on this one. I made a chicken salad over the weekend.. but am having trouble finding out the points for the chicken. I got a rotissiere chicken at the market, it was 2lbs and 34 ounces... went home and took off all the fatty skin and the bone. How many points is the whole chicken with no skin and no bone?

Thanks so much for your help!! Hope you all have a great week! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Enthusiasm is the match that lights the candle of achievement.<br />William Arthur Ward<br /><br />When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.<br />Franklin D. Roosevelt<br /><br />32.5 lbs gone!!!!!!<br />5'6"<br />Heaviest Ever Pre WW:175ish<br />SW(Jan 2003):162.5<br />CW:130.0<br />GW:120.0

Replies

With no skin and no bone, it's 1 point per ounce of chicken. Generally, each chicken leg is 1 point (no skin) and each thigh is 2-3 points. Breast can range from 4 to 6 points (ounces) each, depending on the size of the bird.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how many ounces remained - maybe next time you can weigh either (1) the chicken after de-boning and removing the skin or (2) the stuff you take away. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Replies

Oops...double post...sorry!

Thanks so much for your help CalGal.. that helped alot actually! Hope you have a great day!
    Enthusiasm is the match that lights the candle of achievement.<br />William Arthur Ward<br /><br />When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.<br />Franklin D. Roosevelt<br /><br />32.5 lbs gone!!!!!!<br />5'6"<br />Heaviest Ever Pre WW:175ish<br />SW(Jan 2003):162.5<br />CW:130.0<br />GW:120.0