Thread: Points for mole poblano?

sunnyinslc Guest

Does anyone know the points for authentic mole poblano? I've searched the web and Dotti's and can't find the points value.

I'm going out to dinner for my b-day tomorrow and trying to stay OP [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] , so so any help is greatly appreciated.

Sue

imported_Kelly_S Guest

I did a search and found some recipes out there. The one at Whole Heartland states "Chicken Mole over Rice" (The classic Mole Poblano from Mexico is very labor intensive with mucho ingredients and spices and requires several hours of slow cooking. This simplified version can be spiced up more with a chopped pickled jalapeņo (or 2) to the sauce as it cooks. Delicioso!) is 426 calories/6.5 fat/4.2 fiber. This is a recipe you'd make at home. If you were eating out I'd add a point or two just in case.

sunnyinslc Guest

Holy mole! That's 8 points just for the mole. Maybe I'll plan for the fish tacos.

Thanks!

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Sorry!

slave2cats Guest

The short answer is: MANY!!

I love me some mole, but one look at the jar made me change my mind in a New York second :eek:

On the other hand a little mole goes a long way if you do it right. Remember that nothing has more than 3 pts per measuring tablespoon - which is what pure fat is. So order it on the side and veeeeerrrrrryyyyy carefully drizzle just a bit over your food.

On the third hand, fish tacos are very yummy

sunnyinslc Guest

Thanks for the good advice. Mole might be okay if I get it on the side - afterall, at a Mexican restaurant, many alternate choices would be fried or covered in cheese, bringing most dishes up to the same number of points as the mole. I'll do the on-the-side trick and watch my portion.

Thanks so much, buddies! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

imported_Kelly_S Guest

Toni Baby's website states 1/4 cup of Mole Poblano as 4 points I believe. Her site has been up and down for the past hour but she has some great info.

sunnyinslc Guest

Thanks, Kelly! That's a fun site and you're right: it had some great information. I saw ceviche listed as 2 points - I hadn't thought of that option and I love ceviche.

I really appreciate your help. [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]