Thread: Server Down - Posts Rollback

Replies

Default Server Down - Posts Rollback

Hello all -

We had a small outage yesterday, going into today. Our data-center decided they wanted to close up shop, and force everyone on to new hardware.

This is not the first time they have done this, nor is it the only issue we've had with them. We've been with them through 2 company buyouts, and it's all been downhill since the last one. I decided to move us to new platform, which will hopefully provide better stability and performance.

So, we are on a new server today! It may be lacking some configurations, but it 'appears' everything is working again.

There was a slight roll-back of posts going back to the backup point I made before the shutdown. So some postings were lost in the migration.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues throughout the next few days. I'll be checking in the evenings to tend to them.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Jason

Replies

Default Re: Server Down - Posts Rollback

Thank you Jason for explaining what put several of us into a panic yesterday.

Hope it is smooth sailing from now on.
    Liz W

Thanks for the explanation and for your efforts on our behalf. I felt lost!!!!
    “I am pieces of all the places I have been,
    and the people I have loved. I’ve been stitched together by song lyrics, book quotes, adventure, late night conversations, moonlight, and the smell of coffee.” Brooke Hampton

Replies

Thank you! Thank you! Jason for getting us going again!

SW ​237

Goal: 150 10/01

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcakes View Post
    Hello all -

We had a small outage yesterday, going into today. Our data-center decided they wanted to close up shop, and force everyone on to new hardware.

This is not the first time they have done this, nor is it the only issue we've had with them. We've been with them through 2 company buyouts, and it's all been downhill since the last one. I decided to move us to new platform, which will hopefully provide better stability and performance.

So, we are on a new server today! It may be lacking some configurations, but it 'appears' everything is working again.

There was a slight roll-back of posts going back to the backup point I made before the shutdown. So some postings were lost in the migration.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues throughout the next few days. I'll be checking in the evenings to tend to them.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Thank u Jason for all your help! I hope u can help me. Please take a look.
    J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

Jason, you are awesome. Thank you!
    "A merry heart does good, like medicine..." Prov. 17:22
    "If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." Mary Kay Ash

Thanks, Jason, you are very much appreciated!
    Sherri

Replies
    Blog Entries

Jason, appreciate all you do to keep us up and posting.
    Esther
    Goal 160
    Current 177.0
    Just do what you know to do!