Thread: How much weight-lifting should I do?

1. Default How much weight-lifting should I do?

Hi,

I have started my weight loss journey just now. I have heard that weight-lifting helps a lot with losing weight, but I have never done that in my entire life.

I have purchased dumb-bells of 1 lb, 2 lb and 5 lbs. So, I want your help. Can anybody here, tell me how much weight-lifting should I do everyday?

I am really new into this and I don't know much about weight-lifting so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Jingle

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How much weight-lifting should I do?

hi Jingles,
    I would suggest you get a video and start easy. you don't want to over do and hurt yourself. if you can;t find a video look for a beginner workout online, or maybe a gym near you has a free day where you can get some guidance

3. Default Re: How much weight-lifting should I do?

Thank you so much for your advice. I went to a gym near my house and the trainer also told me that I should not start rigorously otherwise my joints will be hurt. I will surely check out some videos on youtube and then follow the advice of the professional trainers.

Replies
    Blog Entries

great way to start, i have over done so many times and set myself back. Start with small weights and do a few reps of several different exercises. Usually it is recommended to do weights every other day to give your body a chance to repair and recover. good luck

Weight lifting doesn't always mean that you'll be losing weight as it depends on the posture of your body and as suggester earlier you gotta watch the videos. There are tons of them available on Youtube so copcart you gotta checkout what suits you best and how you can with your body and for losing weight especially with your diet.
    Last edited by bingans; 08-06-2019 at 04:48 PM.