Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in outer space
    Replies
    120

    Default are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    because of my obesity my doctor has recommended that i consume fooods high in protein but low in carbs .

    and so, are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

  2. Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wwguy View Post
    because of my obesity my doctor has recommended that i consume fooods high in protein but low in carbs .

    and so, are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    Hi I think oat are high on fiber of almost 11% and this good for your digestion, which also could be the best component if you want to loose weight.

  3. #3

    Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    Quote Originally Posted by revlib24 View Post
    Hi I think oat are high on fiber of almost 11% and this good for your digestion, which also could be the best component if you want to loose weight.
    You're right here, oat is high on fiber. But you should be careful about cutting your protein intake, because it may harm your body. Needless to say, that lack of proteins affects your hair as well. To fix it I would recommend checking this article, hope it helps you a bit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in outer space
    Replies
    120

    Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikalee View Post
    You're right here, oat is high on fiber. But you should be careful about cutting your protein intake, because it may harm your body. Needless to say, that lack of proteins affects your hair as well. To fix it I would recommend checking this article, hope it helps you a bit.
    i had a friend that used those products in that article you noted and he went bald

  5. #5

    Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    That's sad.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in outer space
    Replies
    120

    Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikalee View Post
    That's sad.
    although he did win a law suit against the makers of those products

  7. Default Re: are oats high or low in carbs and high or low in protein ?

    oat are high on fiber of almost 11% and this good for your digestion, which also could be the best component if you want to loose weight.

Similar Threads

  1. High Protein Eating
    By slimsista in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2019, 12:07 PM
  2. Does WWE work with a low carb high protein diet?
    By Ladilight in forum Weight Watchers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 10:25 AM
  3. High Protein Bread- Any Recs?
    By outer-banks-girl in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
  4. High protein, Low Point Foods....
    By PugLove in forum Food & Points
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 01:18 AM
  5. High Protein Pretzels
    By neon in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 09:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •