Thread: Does Davinici Syrup need refrigeration?

Default Does Davinici Syrup need refrigeration?

Do they need to be refridgerated after openning?

Also, I spilled some carmel on my hands, and I cant seem to lose the smell, even after washing my hands and showering!!! Either I am hallucinating :rolleyes: or that stuff is strong! Anyway, my stomach is starting to churn...lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

The only one (out of 30 plus flavors) that I have that actually STATES "Refrigerate after opening" is the pancake syrup.

The rest I store on my wet sink countertop, ready to use!

Char

Okay, thanks for the info. I was getting nervous when I saw how huge the bottles were, plus the added height of the squirter!

Meffy: Davinci is splenda sweetened syrups like the ones you would get in a Starbucks, but calorie and carb and fat FREE!

We Bootcamp Buds use them for a lot of things. See this thread: Davinci Recipes

There are others if you look. I remember seeing one that was pages upon pages of info.

Try this one Another Davinci thread

And finally, you can order from Davinci's Web Site

Hope this wasn't a "data dump"! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

umm..what is Davinci?? Sorry...still a newbie here [img]graemlins/embarrassed.gif[/img]
    "Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

5. Post

I gave up on boiling it, because I'd overdo it, underdo it, or make a big mess on the stove from not watching it closely, soooo here's how I make it and it works great!

Bring 6 cups water to a boil on high and add 2 cups bulgar. Stir for 1 minute or so to make sure it's at a boil. Cover and remove from heat immediately. Let it sit for 1 hour, drain.

imported_Renée Guest

Talking

Thanks! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    I've been struggling with the preparation, but I've really wanted to try it since everyone loves it so much. I will try your method this weekend.
    Renée

Replies
    Blog Entries

I use this method as well and it yields the best results. Bulgur is definitely a good thing!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Since I'm the only one who eats it and I plan in advance, when I know I want to have bulgur I soak 1/3 cup bulgur in 2/3 cup water. I put it in the fridge overnight and in the morning I'm all ready for breakfast. Sometimes I'll sub some DV SF Syrup for some of the water. Mmmmmmm. I think I'll plan some for next week.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

Ok, since I'm with the poster above who can't seem to cook this stuff right, can someone tell me is this stuff supposed to be like "chewy"? Kind of like pasta aldente? Or does it get soft? If it's chewy, then that's the reason I don't like it! I don't like stir-fried vegetables either. I know, I've been told I'm crazy, but to me if your vegs are hot they should be soft; if they're cold, then they should be chewy. It's ok, you can call me crazy, everyone else has!
    JeanetteSki

slave2cats Guest

You're not crazy.......you're just wrong! LOL &lt;ducking and running&gt;

I don't cook mine; I soak it for 30 min with hot water till the water is absorbed. It's chewy, but I really like that.

I am glad that I read this post. I make a huge mess preparing bulgar. I usually use the microwave, but it just gets all over. I even bought a micro rice cooker and it still runs out over the pan. And who has the time to watch it cook on the stove top for an eternity. I will start making it this way.
    Thanks.
    Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

Replies

I used to cook mine in the micro too, but it always ended up all over the micro and was mushy and sticky. But, now I put 1/2 cup Bulgar in a bowl, then boil 3/4 cup of water and pour the hot water over the bulgar, cover and let sit for at least 1/2 hour. It comes out perfect everytime and there is no sticky mess to clean up.

JMC Guest

I cook mine in the microwave, too. I put about 1 C of bulgur with maybe 4 C of water into my Pampered Chef Microcooker (the BEST PC purchase I've made!!). I cook it on high for 10 minutes, then on medium for another 15 - 20 minutes. This way, the bulgur "explodes" and you'll see the white insides - almost like popcorn, but smaller. I like it so much better than the "chewy" way to prepare it. It tastes much more like brown rice this way, too!

Replies

Arrow

For those of you experiencing "spill-overs" in the microwave...you're not using a BIG enough container! :eek:

I use an 8 C. Pyrex measuring cup in which I put 4 C. boiling water and 2 C. of prewashed bulgar.

I've never had a spill-over. I can walk away for the fifteen-to-twenty minutes it takes to cook...and it roils and boils the entire time! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Okay newbie question coming! What is Bulgur????
    Blessings,

Tonya (142/137.2/133/128)
    (SW/CW/GW/PGW)
    "It's not how long it takes you to get there, it's how long you stay that matters" ~my WW leader

Bulgur is wheat berries that have been steamed, dried and cracked. It has a nutty flavor and a fluffy consistency. It's a nice alternative to rice.
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Replies

Talking

Bumping up for those "others" who are wondering how to cook bulgar~!!!

Elaine
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I used to cook mine on the stovetop and it would boil over. It boiled over in the microwave too, even in my largest bowl, which is pretty darn big and I have a huge microwave too. Does it have something to do with the brand of bulgur, or whether or not the container is covered when you cook it?? My bulgur gets really foamy when I boil it.

I recently changed to the method posted at the top, but I didn't feel like draining it, so I used 6 cups water and 3 cups bulgur. Wow, it was so easy and not messy!! Thanks for sharing. I used to think that you HAD to boil it (like rice). I am a convert to the soaking method now.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.