Thread: Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

Hello old friends.. and hopefully new friends...

I used to be an active member here about 5 years ago and now I am back hoping for some motivation, inspiration, and also hoping to motivate and inspire!

I'm 31 years old, have a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. I lost 60 pounds with WW in 2007 right before I got pregnant with my daughter. After I had her, I lost 40 pounds, again with WW and then I got pregnant with my son and I'm still working on losing the weight I gained with him. My heaviest weight was when I was pregnant with my son - 220 lbs. Pre-preg heaviest weight was 190. I am at 170 pounds today and I would like to be at my goal weight of 135 by my 32nd birthday - next August.

I like to think I was pretty helpful all those years ago and I have seen a few familiar faces already - CW, Luanne - so nice to see you two are still here.

I'm not doing PointsPlus, however I am doing the old points program because I still have all the materials. I'd be glad to just motivate/be motivated with those of you doing PointsPlus - just need some backup from some buddies!

If anyone is, however, doing the old Points program and want to start a daily thread with me, I would be grateful.

So glad to be back..
    Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

2. Default Re: Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

Hey Trish, I remember you from back in the day. I was a frequent poster in the 20 n 30's group. I lost 72 lbs back in 06-07 only to gain alot back. I just got back on the program n trying to lose 55lbs.

3. Default Re: Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

Do you have a weight watcher instagram?

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

Wow. Wasn't sure anyone was still here! lol I don't remember your username, texastoast (sorry) ... were you using a different name? I didn't usually post in the 20s & 30s board back that..not much anyway, but there were more boards back in the day. Anywho - I have been scouring for old faces!! All my old buddies have disappeared... but c'est la vie. Would love to be your accountability partner! I'm posting a Daily Thread (if only for myself! ha!) in the 20s & 30s if you want to join.

BTW - I don't have the Instagram. I'm probably the only person in my age group that doesn't do the social media thing. DH wasn't too fond of me having it, and honestly, now that I don't have a FB, I kind of feel free. lol Anyone who wants to actually BE my friend has to *gasp* call, email, write me a letter or text me! I digress on that one...

Anyway, I'm doing the OLD flex WW. Just because I know it works, I still have all my books and things, and its easier for me to eyeball a nutrition label because I was a self-taught WW'er. I bought the books and calculator, but PP was a little over my head. But again, I have never been to a meeting, so that's probably why. I never went to meetings, unless you count gathering here at BCB. When I started in '07-08, I originally lost close to 50 pounds. After having 2 kids, I couldn't manage my time and schedule enough to pull out a food journal, much less exercise. That said, my kids are now 7 and 5, so they are a BIT more self-sufficient, so I feel like I can manage myself a little better now. I've gained some weight for sure. I'd like to lose about 30-40 pounds, but I'm not sure how much - we'll see as the scale goes down.

Anyway - feel free to join my Daily Thread if you'd like over in the 20s, 30s, and 40s thread. We don't have to be doing the same thing, but I will be posting my menu daily, if not just for me to help myself stay on "point". I'd be happy to motivate you/be motivated by you!
    Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

I am also returning and am ready to finally make some changes. It would be nice to have share some thoughts with someone.

Replies

Just saw this today. Welcome back.

I was/am following PointsPlus, but I plan on giving Smart Points a try. I'm free Lifetime so I have free eTools and I'd like to continue using them.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I am also coming back from around 2007. I am doing the old program also I can't remember the name of it right now without getting up (lol, guessing it is Points Plus ) but I am using my old calculator with the 35 flex points a week. The first time I did it I lost 75lbs but that was with 2 hours of exercise a day and I just do not have time to commit like that, I ended up gaining 38 back after having a baby. So slow and steady this time around, eating better and exercising when I can. I am looking for a lifestyle change to get healthy more than the actual weight loss.

I am setting my goal at 160 starting at 227, down to 221.6 in 2 weeks. I am not going to lie I ate junk 24/7 so just drinking water and adding fruits/veggies in addition to lean meats and low fat dairy is a huge advance for me.
    SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.

8. Default Re: Old Member Coming Back - anyone doing WW circa 2007?

I am using Points Plus circa 2014. I think that it just depends on what you're used to. My worst fear right now is that my calculator will break before I find another one on eBay as a backup!

I lost nearly 120 pounds on Points Plus (before going off it and regaining about 70 pounds!) I feel very comfortable with it, and since I'm not a big fan of the local WW meetings, nor of having to learn whatever WW and Oprah have come up with, I'mm sticking to what worked before.