Thread: PointsPlus

Default PointsPlus

Goodmorning! I'm glad to be back on this site. I forgot how wonderful and informative it is. I originally started Weight Watchers in 2000. I lost almost 50 pounds. Over the years I have gone back to WW several times. Well, it's time again. I'm pushing back near my beginning weight (which I have been for years), but something clicked yesterday and I decided to get back on WW track. That being said, the WW material I have, and the WW calculator I have is PointsPlus from 2012.

Wanted to see if PointsPlus is still the program WW is using, and see if there is anyone out there in my boat or near it in terms of my age/weight/weight loss goals.... I'm 37, Weight 167, I'm 5'3", and would like to lose about 50 pounds....That might be a unreasonable goal, but for now that is what it is.

Also, on PointsPlus, is it true that most raw fruits and veggies are ZERO points? It wasn't like that back when i began originally, at least for fruit it wasn't.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

~rcaron

Cool Re: PointsPlus

I'm doing the same thing. It is true most fruit and veggies are no points but I always give fruit 1 point. I did not start that way but when I changed to counting it I lost more weight. Good luck and hope you stick with it to meet your goal!

Default Re: PointsPlus

mbak04 ~ Thank you! First week was a success. 4.8 lb weight loss. I do remember though from previous attempts that the first week was usually a higher loss. I probably lost alot of water weight. Good luck to you as well. Do you have any favorite low point snacks...besides fruits & veggies?

4. Default Re: PointsPlus

I am a Lifetime member that got off track and gained back 30 of the 50 I had lost to reach my goal 4 years ago. I started back on the Points Plus program and have lost 5 pounds so far. Wishing us all good vibes on this successful way of life!

Default Re: PointsPlus

That's great Janice4945! It's definitely a "way of life" as you said. I've been off track for way too long. I'm so excited to be back on track, and it's amazing how much better my mental health felt this week as well. I had an amazing dinner, and it was only 6 point! Best of luck and many blessings in your journey.