Thread: Is anyone else hungry?

Default Is anyone else hungry?

hi everyone, only two days on ww, and i am hungry. am on 29 points, i've been drinking my water, lots of good vegies, some fruit and no junky stuff but i am really hungry tonight. i think some of the hunger comes from being pre-diabetes but i sure want to stick with this as it is much more livable than some other plans. i was doing low carb but i cant eat all the fat your'e supposed to eat...too many years of hearing its bad for me. i find this is pretty lowfat, thats probably why i'm hungry. does anyone have suggestions? should i just "suck it up" or what?

Replies

Default Re: Is anyone else hungry?

That's right! Suck it up! Hunger is just a feeling. You're not going to starve to death... At least that's what I try to tell myself when I'm feeling the way you are.

The first couple weeks of a new diet are always the hardest. Give your body some time to adjust, and the hunger pains will diminish quite a bit. You might try searching the recipes section or other parts of the forum to find foods or recipes that are filling, but low on points - or even zero points. I am sure other members here have probably posted some very useful tips on this already, as I'm sure we've ALL felt this way at one time or another.

My advice, if you are feeling hungry - eat something! But make sure it's something healthy. You want to avoid feeling completely starved. That usually leads to a binge of junk for me.
    Stick to your guns You'll make it through.

thx for the reply...i think you are right. perhaps being abit hungry is a good thing. i am going to the recipe section..thx again.

Replies

Penelope. WW is not a diet and you should never be hungry. Are you tracking? If a good portion of your points come from protein you will not be hungry. If you are hungry this will never work for you because you will find food or fill you up. Or more appropriately satisfy you.
    Please post a day or two of what you're eating. And being a tracker to your leader. I'll be glad to take alook at what you're eating and maybe I'll have some ideas. Or maybe someone else here will have ideas.

Please post a day or two of everything you've eaten.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Penelope let's talk.

6. Default Re: Is anyone else hungry?

I get hungry too but i know i need to increase my water!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie38 View Post
    I get hungry too but i know i need to increase my water!
    What a great tip! Drink more water. Something so simple that a lot of people overlook, and forget to adhere to. (myself included)

Very hungry, but I just switched to SF today and am not used to it.

Replies

You should not be hungry even on SF. it takes time getting used to. Good luck.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

10. Default Re: Is anyone else hungry?

If you are truly hungry you should eat. It could be that you are so used to overeating that you have trouble identifying true hunger. Drinking more fluids helps as sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger and it is never a bad idea to drink a zero point drink (water, herbal tea, other things). BUT if you are truly HUNGRY, then EAT something. On SFT this is easy as you can eat any power food for no points. You said you are doing the regular point counting plan though, so I'd recommend a power food for you too (counting points if it has any) as they are the most filling, point bargain foods. Another thing to consider is WHY you are hungry and if you are eating foods that are physically satisfying and not TRIGGERING hunger. Again, the more power foods you eat the more satisfied you will be. SO focusing on lean protein, whole grains, ff dairy, fruits, veggies will keep you feeling satisfied. Eating things like highly processed foods with simple carbs will make you hungrier!

Replies

You should not be hungry if you are eating from all the food groups. If you are, I'd bump up my protein intake for a bit. Make sure you are eating from all the food groups at every meal and have 2 snacks. Make sure you are eating enough bulky foods. I don't waste points on things like string cheese and crackers that are full of salt and fat. Eat more fruit. I don't waste points on salads, which never keep me full unless I add a bunch of protein and let's face it - salad dressing is "fattening". I don't care for the lite dressings or the oil and vinegar things.

Example: I have a small can of tuna in water at lunch time with some romaine lettuce and a bread. I put ff or light miracle whip mixed into the tuna and maybe some onion/peppers. Then, I put some of the tuna on the romaine leaves and it helps cut back on the bread.

I think eating enough protein is a big secret to staying full and being successful on WW. Watch the carbs and the sweets.

Ashlee

Replies

I have been on 6 days and it happened to me on Day 4 but I think I went too long in between meals. Someone mentioned not really knowing the feeling of hunger and I think that was me too. I know it will take time to figure everything out. For me I cant be overwhelmed with everything all at once so Im doing things really slowly. I never ate this many vegetables and fruits so Im focusing on that for snacks. Im still sticking to my points but I for me to be successful it really is baby steps. Maybe even premie baby steps.

Try adding more fat and more fiber; also do not be afraid to use your extra points. They're there for a reason.

14. Default Re: Is anyone else hungry?

I'll tell you one thing I found about this plan and hunger. Sugar spikes! If I am hungry and eat a bowl of grapes, I'm hungry in 30 minutes. If I eat a bowl of grapes and a boiled egg, I'm good for a couple of hours. Make sure you are not eating just carbs in a snack or meal. You will be looking for your next "food fix" way too soon!