Thread: Quitting Doesn't Exist if You Never Give Up!

1. Default Quitting Doesn't Exist if You Never Give Up!

Hello everyone,
    My name is Kyra. I am 24 years old and have struggled with obesity since childhood. After reaching a max 350 with the birth of my son almost two years ago, I decided my life was more important than food and stubborn laziness. With my son motivating me, I lost 90 pounds in 9 months on a very-low carb diet. Though I was ecstatic with the quick success, the next three months saw not a single pound lost. With my motivation dwindling, I returned to old habits and gained 40 pounds back in 4. I am tired of the "get quick rich - get skinny fast" schemes in weight loss. It is at no one's fault but my own that I let impatience dictate my motivation instead of health.

That past year of massive successes and blunders taught me how much control and willpower I do have. But I made a promise to myself and to my family that in order to lose this weight and maintain it, I have to follow a plan that I can live with comfortably and happily for the rest of my life. That is where I turn to WW. I still have the freedom to make as low or high carb choices as I wish but I don't feel deprived of the joy that food brings me and my family in our everyday lives. I grew tired quickly of being left out of family BBQ's, fancy restaurant dinners and friday-night take-out. Denying that would be to a disadvantage. I also went through my entire weight loss adventure having this or that friend turn their back or abandon me when I needed their support most. I realize that sometimes those closest to you are used to you being a certain way, a certain size - that even if you are changing for the positive, it can turn them away. I need friends who understand my struggle and want the best things for me, similar things for me that they want themselves. I hope I find that here.

Am I disappointed? Only that I wasted time. Am I deterred? Not in the least. This extra weight is not who I am. It is not who I want my son to grow up knowing me as. I want to be as fit and beautiful and adventurous on the outside as I feel inside and I know that takes time and focus. I am excited to be here and look forward to becoming a part of the team!

xoxo - Kyra "SugarLoaf"

SW 350 / CW 298 / GW 150

2. Default Re: Quitting Doesn't Exist if You Never Give Up!

I agree. Trying and trying again is part of life. Never give up!