Thread: Confused about edamame

Replies

Default Confused about edamame

On the new Simple Start program, it I suggested that edamame can be eaten as a snack. On the package the nutrition information would give it points if one is using a point program. I a confused - is edamame now a free veggie? Thanks for any help.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

Default Re: Confused about edamame

When I rejoined WW and learned about the Simple Start plan our leader said to us if we'd done WW in the past the Simple Start plan would be harder for us than newcomers who'd never used WW before. She was right! I couldn't grasp it so I just went right into tracking and counting points. My friend who joined with me had never done WW before so she did Simple Start and loved it. From what I understand (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) if you're doing Simple Start you just stick with that for a week (or two) and then if you want to count points you do that all week. Basically, you can't change back and forth in the same week. I also understood it to be that anything on the Simple Start food list they give you and/or the Filling Foods list you are allowed to eat, in reasonable portions, without tracking. Anything not on the list or not a Filling Food you would want to track and use the points value from your weekly allowance. So if edamame is on the Simple Start food list (and it is listed as a Filling Food) then you can eat it and not have to track it. But if you were not following Simple Start and tracking and counting points then it does indeed have a points plus value according to my etools app. I hope that helps!

Replies

Default Re: Confused about edamame

Thanks - I do the point counting at which I had my successful 65 pound weight loss. I can still eat the edemame but have to count the points. They are really tasty and filling.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW