Thread: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

Talking After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

Hi everyone! I rejoined Weight Watchers last night (Tuesday March 4th). I am so done with being this way!! I talked to a friend of mine and she is going to join next Tuesday night and we are going to do this together. I began telling her about Boot Camp and how I had belonged here before. I had no idea until I came back on that it was 9 long years ago- Wow! I wasn't active then nor was I on here much. That is about to change. Having people who are going through the same thing as you and can understand what we are dealing with, helps so much. Ok enough about that.. Here's a little about me:

I am 43 years old and I live in Canada. I have been married for 19 years this June. My husband and I have three kids (2 girls- 17 and 15 and a 14 year old son). I have been struggling with my weight my whole life but more seriously since I had the children. I need to stop wishing that I was healthier and actually getting off my rump and doing something about it. I need to follow through. I am going away this June and I do not want to ask for an extender for my seatbelt! Ugh.. I am not looking at the big number but rather do it in smaller increments so I don't become overwhelmed.

I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully make a few buddies on here so we can help each other out. Have a super day/night everyone!!
    Take care!

HeatherR.

SW: 265.0
    CW: 261.o
    GW: 145.0

Started my Journey in November, 2005

You Bite it. Write it.

Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

Ugh my signature didn't save- I had added new info and saved it but it reverted back to the old one- sorry.
    Take care!

HeatherR.

SW: 265.0
    CW: 261.o
    GW: 145.0

Started my Journey in November, 2005

You Bite it. Write it.

Replies

Hey Heather!

Welcome back after a long time. You were previously a member well before my time, when Denise (my mother) was heading the forums. I am not sure how busy it was then, but it is pretty slow here now! There are still active Boot Camp Buddies, some of them you may remember from 9 years ago even. Pretty much all of the Buddy Groups are active except for the 20,30,40's group. Most posts probably won't get seen if you don't post in an active group.

For your signature - We made changes to how much information can be put into them. I think the limit on lines is much smaller until you reach a higher rank (from posting often).

Hey Heather! I am back as well from about 9 years ago too!

Replies

I am trying to access the groups as I quite enjoy seeing what others have done to be successful.
    Welcome back.

6. Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

It's probably that long for me too! Welcome back.

welcome back everyone. Hope to see you all on the buddy groups. I'm usually on the bcb@home and the deltas. but feel free to check all out
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

8. Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

I am also happy to be back here after a very long time. Denise was admin. then. I am a lifetime online member of W.W. Trying to find my way around the community.

Smile Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

I think the last time I was on here was about nine years ago as well!

10. Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

It says I joined in 2014 as I couldn't remember my user name and password from before.

11. Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

heading back also!

12. Default Re: After 9 years of being inactive here.. I am back

Hi,
    My name is Brenda and I first joined ww's Sept.2001
    I found this support forum using the I.D. adorable abby. I found much support along with wonderful recipes which to this day I still use.
    I remember the thrill as I lost weight and go in shape. I kept the weight off after reaching lifetime until about 4 years ago. I have gained
    15 back, no excuses but as one ages and hits menopause and other things in ones life one tends to slowly regain.
    I posted in another area but upon further exploring saw this spot also.
    I have divorced, remarried and we both have gained weight. My husband last week took it upon himself to do something, which in turn has
    motivated me also. When I was doing ww's in the past I counted points, it worked for me along with going to mtgs. I have been throwing it
    around for my husband and I to go to mtg., part so he learns how to eat and I stay motivated.
    I am finding this time around it is harder, why I ask myself. Sometimes I feel I don't care, I want to enjoy life, but for me to do so I need to
    be healthy and I felt better when eating right. I am going to try and come to this forum and read others comments and hope to get on the
    right track. God bless.
    Brenda

brenda, hi. i just saw this. you and i are alike. middle 50s, menopause, last time at goal 4 yrs ago. i suppose it crept slowly and when i realized, it seems a downward spiral wrong ditection. so again i am trying to get it off but its tougher. im afraid if i ever gave up, i would assume that round, short shape i see so much of in the office where i work.
    i'm over on the delta force. pop in sometime and check it out. motivation is key
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Replies

Hey Heather!!! I just rejoined ww too... after yrs and yrs of losing weight and gaining it back... the same 40 lbs for 10 yrs... soooo annoying. I decided it was time to get back to basics and learn portions and not to be afraid of any food anymore. I was a huge part of the 100 plus group, but it seems to be hanging on by a thread, such a drag because it was sooo awesome. But maybe we just need to make our own group.

I am at one of my highest weight, and it is time to change!!
    I also live in Canada.. On Vancouver island.
    I am going to be 53 next month, eeek.. married, fur kids, and run a family daycare. Hope we can get things active again.
    ~~~~~Barbie~~~~
    Not giving up~~~~~