Thread: My Fitness Pal

1. Default My Fitness Pal

hi all! I am new to this site and I was wondering if anyone uses My Fitness Pal? I need to lose about 40lbs- I'm 5'4" and 42... I am thinking 1300 calories is my goal, but I am not on WW... anyone with any advice on the 1300 per day??

Default Re: My Fitness Pal

its a nice site and I know there are places on it for your question.
    lose 7.6 by Oct 2019

3. Default Re: My Fitness Pal

Try Googling to see how many calories you need.
    Or you can have your metabolism tested. I had mine tested . I'm 5'7", 185 pounds, 43 years old, and I was told to not let my calories go below 1450. So I think 1300 might be a bit low for you, but like I said there are some free online calculators that will give you an estimate.

4. Default Re: My Fitness Pal

I forgot to say that I use My Fitness Pal, too.

WEBMD has a site that can tell you how many calories based on height, weight, gender, etc it is very helpful

I have tried my fitness pal in the past and It was very helpful. I however love the weight watchers winning points program. It really does work and it keeps you accountable for what you eat and what you get to eat extra by earing activity points. The way I see it, ANYTHING you use to keep you accountable is a wonderful tool! Good luck!

I have been going to WW meetings for 6 weeks and have also been using MFP for over a year. MFP was helpful for me at first and I was also going to the gym quite a bit. After a few months, especially after slowing down my workouts, I quit losing and was even gaining. I struggled knowing where my calorie target was supposed to be. So that's when I decided to go back to what I knew would work and that was joining WW. In 6 weeks I lost 10lbs and am feeling good and motivated. I haven't changed my calorie goal at all on MFP, I just use it to track what I eat because it's database is awesome and to help me go back and add to my WW tracker.