Thread: Motivation needed

1. Default Motivation needed

Hello

Sorry for the long post but I am at a point where I need some feedback.

I joined weightwatchers back when the momentum plan was being used. I lost 82 pounds and reached lifetime.

I then fell off the wagon and gained half of it back.

I decided to rejoin with the new points plus program but I did not get the same results as before. I kept loosing and gaining week after week, which caused me to leave again.

I am at a point now where I gained all of it back and then some and need to loose some weight.

I am afraid that if I start again with the points plus that I will have the same results and will cause me to leave again.

Did anyone have this problem before? What do you recommend I do.

Thanks for reading my post,

Replies

Default Re: Motivation needed

Hi Squash,

I follow the old Momentum program, because I had the same kind of experience as you did on PointsPlus. If you still have all your old materials, why not go back to what worked before? Good luck!
    Susan

Aiming for 196.2

3. Default Re: Motivation needed

Thanks momofrachel for your reply. I do not have the old materials. I will have to see if they are being sold on ebay.

when did momentum come out? i might still have it. i saved alot of stuff since 1999
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Gaining weight is a hard thing to deal with, believe me, I know. You can do it tho. Every time you feel like you are gonna fall off tell yourself 'give it one more week'. Keep pushing for that next week. Increase your daily activity, and remember WHY you are doing this. Good luck!

6. Default Re: Motivation needed

Thanks for all your responses. I decided to give the new plan another try. Let's see what happens at the end of this week.

Replies

Wow I feel this thread is me talking. I just gave up on Points Plus and went back to Momentum because I had all old material and calculator. I can not tell you how refreshing it is. I lost 40 pounds on Momentum and could not even lost 5 on Points Plus. Something had to give so I am going back to the old school way of tracking on paper. Im a very happy camper right now. I peeked and already down 2lbs. Do what is best for you.

Replies

Do what plan is best for you!! It is a personal thing over what plan you follow. Weight Watchers (no matter what plan) is a good way to eat (or a guideline) healthy.

Do it because you are worth it and any loss (even .1 or .2) will soon add up.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Have a good week everyone

Gayle

Replies
    Blog Entries

I follow a sort of hardcore variation on Points Plus: three meals with protein and produce, no sweets or snacks, no weekly or activity points, checking every GHG box every day. It seems to work well for me. I also pre-plan and track everything on paper.

Kathleen

Replies
    Blog Entries

I have been up and down (about 80 lbs at a time) also! I never really found a connection between the different WW plans, though, I blamed my new found difficulty with losing weight on the fact that I recently had a baby, but now you are making me wonder! You can definitely go back to what works for you!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by squash007 View Post
    Thanks for all your responses. I decided to give the new plan another try. Let's see what happens at the end of this week.

I also gave propoints another try. I did very well on momentum the first two weeks then just like propoints I lost motivation. It's not the plan its me I need to step up and do the plan for it to work.
    Nadine aka Naddles
    Starting weight 218.00
    Current weight 213.6
    Goal weight 150-160

I am hoping you are doing well with the plan now that you have given it another try. I have always told people that the problem with Weight Watchers not working is usually some form of operator error (that being me). I have started and stopped WW several times since 2006 and while I do weigh less than I started I have nobody to blame for the program not being successful but me. I have been back on Points Plus for two weeks tomorrow and I am already seeing success (down nearly 9 lbs). Keep working at whatever program you choose. You can do it.

JanfromKY

13. Default Re: Motivation needed

It is so hard for me to stick to it as well. I started ww in 2006 and lost about 30 pounds. Gave up on myself and ended up gaining about 50. I'm back on the program and doing well. I hope you are having success. Several other members have told me that the old programs worked faster than points plus. Good Luck on your journey.

Replies

WW came up with a new app, in principle for people just starting, but I think it can be good for everybody. Two weeks of simple preplaned meals, of "simply filling" variety. It may be a part of new program rolling out this month.
    Elizabeth

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by emarek View Post
    WW came up with a new app, in principle for people just starting, but I think it can be good for everybody. Two weeks of simple preplaned meals, of "simply filling" variety. It may be a part of new program rolling out this month.
    Elizabeth
    There really is no "new" program rolling out. What WWers is doing is introducing "Simple Start" which is basically nothing more than the Simply Filling Technique. It's geared towards new members, but existing members can also try it. As I said, it's Simply Filling, but with a few more restrictions (to make it easier) and some suggested meals.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02