Thread: Confused......need help

Unhappy Confused......need help

I haven't been on Weight Wathers for years because I was always HUNGRY! Two years ago I had a hysterectomy and have gradually gained 20 lbs. For 6 weeks I have counted calories to no avail. Still gradually going up. I thought a calorie is a calorie? Just like a point is a point? I would like your opinion on the new 360 plan. Also, those of you who do Weight Watcher online. Do you like it? Going to meetings with my familys schedule is pretty much impossible. I have had blood work and its all good. My thyroid is on the low normal but not low enough for medication so I know its all about the choices that I am making. So any words of wisdom that you could give me I would appreciate very much. I always enjoyed this site in the past for all of the openeness of participants. Be Blessed everyone and Thank you.

Replies

Default Re: Confused......need help

Hello nelzer! Welcome home. I do attend meetings because I feel I need the extra support and accountability. I love BCB and came here back in February of 2001. I made lifetime after losing over 100 pounds but got complacent. I stopped posting here, stopped going to meetings, stopped doing what I needed to do. Guess what? I gained weight. I am not like everybody. I am an emotional eater. Therefore, I believe the 360 plan takes behavior components into consideration along with teaching me to count points, eat nutritiously, and live a healthy lifestyle. Nelzer, I hope you place yourself first and realize you are worth this effort. Grab a water and join in buddy. Whether you go to meetings or not, you can do this. Fluffy

A calorie is a calorie and a point is a point. But, you can get more "bang from your buck" if you use that calorie or point on something that is better for you and more filling (and therefore makes you less hungry). For example, and I am just making this up to prove a point, say that one chocolate chip cookie is worth three points or 200 calories. And, say that one bowl of oatmeal is also worth three points or 200 calories. Which is better for you? And, which is going to fill you up more and make you less hungry? It's the oatmeal - even though it's the same calories and/or points as the cookie.

Thank you so much Fluffy. I appreciate your honesty and your welcoming nature . I am trying very hard to put my health first

Replies

I'm so glad to see your post nelzer. You are no longer alone. You are one of us now and you have truly taken an extremely important step. Just hang on and don't give up, no matter what.
    Always, Fluffy

Tomorrow I start week 6 and I am a little nervous. As of my last weigh-in, I am down 9.6lbs. This has been a tough week for me and I went over my points both Monday and Wednesday nights. The difference this time around is that I didn't continue to stuff my face after I went over. In the past, I would say, "oh well" and do some serious damage. My best friend said that we are in this together and sometimes we may gain a little, but we will lose a lot. I am so lucky to be doing this with my best friend!
    1/5/2013 starting weight 267.8
    4/6/2014 current weight 265.6
    CiaBria

Replies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    say that one chocolate chip cookie is worth three points or 200 calories. And, say that one bowl of oatmeal is also worth three points or 200 calories. Which is better for you? And, which is going to fill you up more and make you less hungry? It's the oatmeal - even though it's the same calories and/or points as the cookie.
    The point I was going to make, exactly!
    "I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday" - unknown