Thread: Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

Default Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

I was so happy to see WW Bootcamp was still on line. Today after ingesting two Big Hunks and one bag of M&M's, I'm done with the highs and lows and this is where I want to start again. I hope by this time next year my posting will be uplifting to others as the posting I've read have encouraged me. My commitment will be to use the Simply Filling and using Points plus when I need more control. I do not have any excuses for my weight problem except that I use food to make me feel good, and I just enjoy all the bad stuff, so my road back seems long at this time. Hope to get to know you and will definitely appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have.

Gingerellen

Default Re: Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

You have to let everything in the past go. It's history. There's nothing you can do now to change it. At the best, you can learn from it. But, if there's the slightest chance that reflecting on it, even as a learning experience, means that you're going to allow it to trip you up in the present moment, then you're better off just wiping the slate clean and act like it never happened.
    You clock starts NOW. Note that "now" is in caps because that is the most important word for you. Want to say "Screw it!" to something? Screw the past. And, don't worry about the future - it's not here yet. Don't allow yourself to start thinking too far ahead. Worry about TODAY, it's NOW. Only focus on the NOW.
    Right NOW, this meal. Make a good food choice. Use portion control. Track it. Stick to your DPA. Make it a challenge. Eat fruits and veggies and drink lots of water. Fill yourself on those zero point items - enough that you barely need you use those last few points in your DPA each day.
    One day at a time. One meal at a time.
    Keep yourself motivated. Whether it's some horror story from being at a weight that's too much for you or a personal goal that you want from getting to a healthy weight. Heck, it could be both - that's fine.
    Get your motivation and use it. Make it an anchor to keep you grounded and reminded that you need to be in the "NOW" and on program at that moment.
    When I joined WW in June of 2006, I was 43 1/2 years old and my kids were 2 and 4. I joined for them. I wanted to lose the weight for them. I didn't want them to have a fat dad and/or one that would be dead before they were 30. I lost the weight and along the way I found that I liked being healthy for me too. Life is TREMENDOUSLY better when you're not fat. I know there are people out there, like I was, 70 pounds overweight, who say they are happy with who they are, and who want to live without a throttle, etc. And, they scoff at people who watch what they eat and who exercise.
    Don't listen to them. They are in denial. I've been fit. I've been fat. I've been obese. And, I am now fit again. Trust me - the Weight Watchers' line is true: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
    And, in time, you can re-program yourself to crave food that are good for you, healthy, and filling. I used to jones for donuts like Homer Simpson. Now I jones for grilled salmon and brussel sprouts. And, after I eat it, I feel wonderful. It's the difference between putting premium fuel in your car and filling the tank with crap gas.
    You can do this. You can get there. You can make this change.
    One day at at time. One meal at a time. Again, forget the past, and, live in the NOW.
    And, if, for some reason, you slightly get derailed, forgive yourself, don't beat yourself up, and quickly get back on the track.
    No one is perfect. We all make mistakes and slip up. The important thing is not allowing one bad meal to become three bad meals in a row, allowing one bad day to become a bad week, etc.
    If it happens, the slip, say "F' it" and get right back on program, NOW. (See, there's that now word again.)
    I won't wish you luck because there's no luck needed. All you have to do is do it. And, I KNOW you can do it!

Thank you for the motivation, I appreciate you telling me in a clear and precise way that I just need to stop the pity party and move into the work of losing this excess weight. No more procrastinating, I'll just do it. I'm on my way to a healther me. Have a great day!

Replies

Do you have children? Or nieces and nephews? Remember the day they were born? How fast they grew up? How fast the past year flew by. If you just stay on program for one year imagine what you'll look like at the end of that year. And if you don't, imagine how you'll feel at the end of a year and you have to start all over again.

Just go ahead and do it. There are plenty of talented leaders and good meetings in CA. I am in LA. Just go ahead and do it.

Check in often. Let us know. Ask questions and read read read.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

5. Exclamation Re: Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

Thank`s for talking about wanting to get serious! I am also starting over and need some support,thank`s again

Thank you Peggy, it's true time passes so quickly, this program is the best and I'm getting excited about getting some control in my days, as it's been a free for all, with lots of guilt the past 5+ years, it's time to use the good sense God gave me. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by five K`s View Post
    Thank`s for talking about wanting to get serious! I am also starting over and need some support,thank`s again
    Five K's, We can do this, I'll be 65 next Feb. and I felt dieting was a waste of time, however, it's a waste of time to continue in the bad habits I've been doing, let's make a pack "We will stay on program and like it".

Replies
    Blog Entries

Ginger, find a group and just start posting. Lots of encouragment and motivation when people get to know you.

Super, great post! I love it!!!
    Esther
    Goal 160
    Current 177.0
    Just do what you know to do!

Replies

Ginger my friends here helped me lose every single one of my pounds. Like Esther said find a group, introduce yourself and start posting.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Post Re: Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

Good Morning Ginger

Find a forum that you think you would like and start posting. My group and I post every day, we never miss! Some of us post first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon or evening too.

It's all about mindset in my opinion. I'm an emotional eater and eating does not make it better, unfortunately.

YOU CAN DO IT.

Don't thnk of the past. Just do it one day and at time. Eat from all the food groups and journal your food. Get in some exercise and just GO FOR IT .

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

Everyone,
    Thank you for all your encouragement, I'm looking for a group to start posting in. So far my progress has been bumpy to say the least, it's a struggle getting all this going, but I'm going to keep on keeping on. Thanks again!

12. Default Re: Nervous about failing again, I really want and need to get serious!

Thank`s Gingerellen,I just saw your post,yes I do want to stay on program and like it.I have been on and off ww for year`s