Thread: Tired of being fat and out of shape!

1. Default Tired of being fat and out of shape!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jodi. I am a 45 year old woman who has always been chunky but now am just plain fat. I do not like myself at all. I am so glad to have found this site because I really need support. I WANT to do this but I get discouraged and sabatoge myself. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to succeed!

Thank you for listening.
    Jodi

Default Re: Tired of being fat and out of shape!

Jodi - welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

Congrats on putting a stake in the ground and making a stand.

Forget everything that's happened in the past. It's history and you cannot change it. Don't worry about the future - it's not here yet. Just concern yourself with TODAY. One day at a time, one meal at a time. Focus on the NOW. It's the only thing you can will control.

Keep doing that over and over - live in the moment of the present time. And, it will all fall into place.

Good luck!

Welcome Jodi...the first thing to remember, you ARE worth and you NEED to like yourself enough to make this healthier decision you've made stick...don't wait until you're at goal to start liking yourself. Do that NOW and you'll be able to keep from sabotaging yourself.

I second what was already said, don't think in the past, don't worry about the future. Getting fat doesn't happen overnight, and neither does goal weight. Keep this fight on a more doable level....one day (one meal) at a time. If you make the best choices possible at every meal, you CAN'T fail!

You can do this and you are worth the effort!

Hi Jodi. I am at the "chunky" stage and need to do something but haven't gotten enough 'umph' to do it yet. For that, I commend you!!!!!

I'm new here to (the forums suggested I post somewhere, so here I am) and hope to get into the recipe section to find a better variety of items to eat for dinner.

I look forward to being encouraged by your progress!

Jodi, I hope you find the strength you need to succeed here at Health Discovery! Good Luck!!
    J

6. Default Re: Tired of being fat and out of shape!

Hi Jodi,

Boy, do I hear what you're saying. A few years ago, I lost a lot of weight with the help of my doctor and hundreds of dollars. Then there was a death in the family that hit me particularly hard, and in the midst of all of that upheaval, I slowly let all of that weight creep back on, and all of that hard work fell by the wayside. I now weigh 15 pounds more than my starting point last time. I don't have the money to spend on weight loss meds and weekly doctor visits these days, and I'm stubborn enough to know that this is something I need to do by myself, for myself.

I remembered this website from days gone by, and decided to check out the recipes again. The Core plan really helped me years ago, and that is what I'm going to try again. I sabotage myself a lot, too, and I'm hoping the Core plan will help with that and keep me from cheating.

I'm telling myself that this time, it's going to work. I just can't give up. I turned 50 this year, and I don't want to go forward being unhappy with the "me" I see in the mirror. It's time to get to work on myself again. The messages you received here are so encouraging. Good luck to you! I'm in the fight with you!

Cheryl

Starting weight: 220

Wink Re: Tired of being fat and out of shape!

Hi All,
    I love the encouragement here! I too am fat, old and out of shape and tired of looking and feeling like this. I am re-reading all your words and will probably do so often. Thank you and I will be re-joining Weight Watchers next week but will start tomorrow! I really need to do it this time.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Jodi!
    "I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday" - unknown