Thread: Six Years Ago, To The Day, I Joined Weight Watchers

Default Six Years Ago, To The Day, I Joined Weight Watchers

Yes, on June 21st, 2006, I signed on to the Weight Watchers program. And, it was one of the smartest things that I ever did in my life.

Click here to see my Weight Watchers story.

Bottom line, I have been making good food choices, using portion control, tracking what I eat, and weighing myself (at Weight Watchers) on a weekly basis, without fail, since I started the program six years ago.

After seven months on the program, I made “lifetime” status and have maintained a weight loss of 60 pounds for the last five years and five months.

Some say that I am “Results Not Typical.” But, I am not concerned about that…I’m just happy that I have been sticking with it for six years and that I should be able to stay with it for the rest of my life.

And, that’s a life that will be much better at my current weight than the one I was at before I joined Weight Watchers.

Default Re: Six Years Ago, To The Day, I Joined Weight Watchers

Congratulations on a job well done. You are "*Results Not Typical", but proud of that. You are part of the 5%. It's a nice place to be. You've worked hard to get there, doing what it takes to make your weight loss journey successful.

Keep up the great work!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Excellent work Steve! You are an inspiration....proof that oh yes, it CAN be done!! Keep up the good work, and again, way to go!!

Trudie, Bob - thanks!

Of course, what happens in the past, good or bad, doesn't matter any more. What matters is today. One day at a time, one meal at a time, right? Control the moment, don't get too high or low on what happened in the past, let it go, and don't worry about tomorrow until it comes...

I have screwed up at times, while OP, in the past. A meal here. A day there, etc. But, I am still at my goal weight. So, no sense beating myself up when slips happen. Learn from it, get back on track, and control the present situation.

That's another great thing that WW has taught me. What matters most is now.

you have done a great job and I have no doubt that you will continue to do great. Congrats!!!!!!!
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    Of course, what happens in the past, good or bad, doesn't matter any more. What matters is today. One day at a time, one meal at a time, right? Control the moment, don't get too high or low on what happened in the past, let it go, and don't worry about tomorrow until it comes...

I have screwed up at times, while OP, in the past. A meal here. A day there, etc. But, I am still at my goal weight. So, no sense beating myself up when slips happen. Learn from it, get back on track, and control the present situation.

That's another great thing that WW has taught me. What matters most is now.
    I really like what you said there. It makes so much sense and something we would all do well to remember.

Congrats on a job well done and wishing you many more years of success!
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Thanks Dottie and Ann - and, keep up the great work yourself!
    Everyone who has posted here so far, Trudie, Bob, Dottie and Ann, has a great WW success story to tell! And, it's awesome.
    Clearly, the program works!