Thread: Wow, I haven't reached for one of those in a long time!

Default Wow, I haven't reached for one of those in a long time!

I had an extremely busy day at work, hadn't had anything to drink since my morning coffee, and I was very thirsty. Well I opened the fridge and reached for a diet Coke. That may not sound so odd, but I have been off diet Coke for 2 years now. I STILL miss it, but I haven't had so much as even a sip of one for 25 months (but who's counting) now .

It just made me chuckle out loud at myself. I even told my DH "guess what I just reached for..." Lol.

Just curious, do you find yourself reaching for something that you gave up a long time ago? Am I ever going to get over my diet Coke???
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Default Re: Wow, I haven't reached for one of those in a long time!

Trudie - I was off diet coke for the longest time. But, lately, I have fallen back into the habit. I think some of it is due to hay fever. I am so tired all the time during this season. (It's been a killer.) And, when I am at work, around 1:30 PM, I find myself needing a diet coke to give me a jolt.

It's funny. I only do it at work. (Luckily, I only work in the office 3 days a week - and work the other 2 days from home. So, it's not like I am drinking this everyday.) Why only at work? I think I get more tired there - since I don't move around as much in the office and my commute is exhausting at times too.

I know it's bad for me. I look at the bottle and realize that it's just a bunch of chemicals and does nothing for my health. Yet, like clockwork, around 1:30 PM, there I go...

On the bright side, I force myself to use the stairs to get to the vending machine...and it's ten floors down.

Replies

I haven't really given up anything that I love, but I have really cut back on some things. I used to drink diet sodas pretty much every day, but now only have one every couple of months. When I do have one, I totally enjoy it.

Is it the caffeine in the diet coke you are craving for that "jolt"? I am a coffee drinker, so get my jolt from that. My coffee is something I could NEVER give up. I guess I am a bit of an addict in that sense, but from many of the things I've read lately, coffee isn't all that bad for you. I don't put anything in it and don't drink a huge amount any longer. I used to be one of those people who'd have coffee going from the time they got up in the morning until they went to bed. Now I have my last one around noon. But seriously, it would be easier for me to give up chocolate than it would be to give up coffee.
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JalepenoAnn View Post
    Is it the caffeine in the diet coke you are craving for that "jolt"?
    No doubt - that and the carbonation.

I really try and limit my caffeine. That could be the problem on why I am tired!

Replies

I can open a can of diet coke Monday and finish it on Wednesday. I like diet coke or diet 7 up but like it flat and warm too. It's wet and that's what counts.
    I reached for sourdough and margarine the other day and lost. That's tough for me, fresh bread in the house.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Better to reach for it and not deprive yourself, right? It's much worse when you say "I can't."

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    On the bright side, I force myself to use the stairs to get to the vending machine...and it's ten floors down.
    I like that part! :-)
    I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JalepenoAnn View Post
    But seriously, it would be easier for me to give up chocolate than it would be to give up coffee.
    Oh ya, me too. I LOVE my coffee.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155