Thread: Did Losing All The Weight Change The Way You Wear Your Clothes?

Default Did Losing All The Weight Change The Way You Wear Your Clothes?

Peg got me thinking about this - with her comment in another thread.

Back when I was fat, I wore my clothes loose and baggy. In fact, I liked that it was somewhat fashionable to wear loose and baggy clothing. It was a great way for me to hide my fat and make myself not seem as fat (because my clothes were not tight). And, the fatter that I got, the bigger I just kept buying my clothes.

But, once I lost the weight, I went the other way with my clothes. Now, I wear my shirts and pants so that they are "snug" (for lack of a better word). Instead of swimming in an over-sized XL T-Shirt, I wear a men's medium T-shirt and it just fits me perfectly.

I do it partly because I don't have any fat to hide anymore. And, partly because it serves as a "line" for me - reminding me that this is the weight that I want to maintain, and, if I don't, then my clothes won't fit any more.

How about you? Did you change the way you wore your clothes before and after making lifetime?

Replies

Default Re: Did Losing All The Weight Change The Way You Wear Your Clothes?

Oh definitely I changed the way I wore my clothing. I wore a lot of loose dresses, and when I'd wear pants the shirts always hung over the pants. I think I wore a lot of things with elastic waistbands as well.

After I lost the weight for a long time I stayed away from anything that was too loose, that I felt made me look fat or pregnant.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Being able to wear a t-shirt and having it tucked into my pants was a thrill when I lost the weight. I almost forgot about how good that felt, since I have been able to do it now for so long. But, before WW, every shirt was worn outside of my jeans or shorts.

Thumbs up Re: Did Losing All The Weight Change The Way You Wear Your Clothes?

Yes, losing weight changed the way I dress. I used to wear loose fitted clothing. Well I guess it was tight jeans, loose, baggy sweatshirts, flannel shirts, big t shirts. Now, fitted jeans and shirts. In the summer, I enjoy wearing skirts. I even wear a belt from time to time.

Here's a picture of me really stepping out of my comfort zone.
    [/URL]

I would have NEVER worn anything like this 60 pounds ago. Tights, boots, so not me...or is it.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Hey, how did that little thumbs up appear in the title of this thread, in my post?
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I don't know how it got there - but, it deserves to be there!
    Great picture Trudie!

Replies

I think I like my clothes loose because of sensory issues. I choke if clothes tug on me. For a long time I still wore stuff too big but I started to branch out a bit and now like tops to hug me since there is much less to hug and no rolls.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Looking good Trudie!
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies
    Blog Entries

Losing weight has definitely changed the way I dress. Now I have COLOR in my wardrobe and I can wear cute t-shirts without having to have a cardigan over the top to hide my back fat. I am wearing shorts. I don't know that my daughter, who is 11, had ever seen me in a pair of shorts until last summer. I can put on a swimming suit and walk to the pool without having to be wrapped up in a towel, sprinting to the water hoping no one looks! I now have 2 dresses in my closet - I never, ever wore dresses when I was heavier. Thinner clothes are much, much better than fat clothes!

Trudie - you are looking good!
    Jen
    HW - 175
    WWGW - 140
    PGW - 130
    CW 9/1/13 - 142.2
    LIFETIME on 8/31/11
    RESTART 4/1/13