Thread: How far BELOW goal do you stay?

Replies

Default How far BELOW goal do you stay?

My goal is the very top of my range. My leader seemed eager to make me LT and I had no idea the process so went ahead with it. Of course there was the usual learning curve but I do fine at goal.

However now with my experience I saw how much easier it was to LOSE than it is to maintain. I'm doing it fine but somehow I wish I had lost maybe 5-10 more lbs and then gotten lifetime. The mindset is different for me on maintenance. Losing is harder. It's 4 years now.

So right now I am getting to goal, I am a few above goal now, and then I'd like to get 5 below and see what's what. I do remember feeling done. I'd have to buy all new clothes if I got 10 below. I remember clothes sizes changing drastically during the last 10 lbs down.

And I may be too thin that far below goal but it's worth a try.

SO do YOU Hover at goal? Below or above and why?

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Default Re: How far BELOW goal do you stay?

I'm about 3 pounds below my goal weight now. That's a comfortable number for me.
    A while back, I was way below goal - around 10 pounds below.
    And, at the time, my receiptionist said that they were going to change my goal weight - and that ticked me off, since, then, if I went up, I would lose my lifetime status.
    I fought them on it and we kept my goal weight were it was for me.

Replies

Currently I am almost 10 pounds under my WWer goal. But that is very unusual for me and only because I had some oral surgery a few weeks ago. When I reached my WWer goal of 155 I purposely lost 5 more pounds to give myself a cushion. Since I was already Lifetime there was no big deal about it. I usually tend to weigh in a few pounds under my official goal weight. It's a place I'm comfortable maintaining.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I have been at goal for 9 yrs this month and for 7 of thoes yrs i maintained at 7 to 8 lbs under. Now I am maintaining at 17 to 18 under. I have never been asked to reset my goal weight. I feel the most comfortable now at 123.
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Replies

Most of the time if you are still within your healthy guidelines WW will let you slide. The moment you go below they'll jump on that. When they catch it that is. My goal is the very top of my range so at work I WI ladies who weigh 30 lbs less than I do but are my height. I wonder can I pull that off. I am sure not 30 lbs but maybe another 10. I am trying and we'll see how it goes.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

I know a few people - not many, but, a few - who met their goal, reached lifetime, and then gained back a good amount of the weight...who still call themselves "Lifetime" members. Is that correct?

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    I know a few people - not many, but, a few - who met their goal, reached lifetime, and then gained back a good amount of the weight...who still call themselves "Lifetime" members. Is that correct?
    Yes. Once you are Lifetime you are always Lifetime. You may be a Lifetime member over goal weight, but you are still Lifetime.

For example, I achieved Lifetime in 1991, kept it off for a few years. Then I gained everything, plus more, back. But I was still Lifetime. And when I came back to meetings I was reinstated as a Lifetime member, which meant I did not pay a registration fee and I only paid for the meetings I attended until I was back within 2 pounds of goal weight.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

As a kid, I had lots of hair on my head.

I started "balding" around age 24. And, by the time I was 32, I was pretty much bald. I'm almost 50 now. And, I have been "buzzing" my head for years now. The last time I owned a comb or a brush was sometime around 1994. There's just no need to have it now.

I guess, under WW standards, I would still be considered "hairy"?

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    I guess, under WW standards, I would still be considered "hairy"?
    You can consider yourself anything you like. Heck I still consider myself young.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

My WW goal weight is 155. I am 5'6' and my WW range is 125-155 pounds. I weigh 130, so obviously, I am at the low end, my PWG. When I set my original goal, I was 180 pounds and was hopeful to just get to the high end of my range. I was more then happy to set a goal of 155. I just wanted to get there. Then something strange happened. I got to goal AND I kept following the program, AND I kept losing weight, and losing weight...I did get to 125, I knew I needed to be done losing and switched to maintenance. Though I like 128, I am happy at 130.

I like to stay within a couple pounds of my goal weight. Really, if I follow program, it's not hard to stay within 2-3 pounds of my PGW.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

My goal was set at the highest end of the healthy weight for my height. I am maintaining between 3 to 5 pounds under my goal weight. I am comfortable there and find it fairly easy to maintain there. I know many people my height who have a much lower goal than me, but if I go much below 134, I start to look too thin. I carry a lot of muscle and do a lot of training so even at my current weight I am wearing a size 4 to 6.
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018