Thread: what to do next

1. Default what to do next

Hi everyone iam new and need some help or information.....I recently went back on weight watchers but doing it at home with the wwpoints plus program .....its been a month now and only lost 6 lbs....i started exercising ...biking ,floor about one half hour and the scale is not budging but i guess i shouldnt be looking every morning....lol I do use salt maybe a little to much...its so frustrating..but ill give it another try if someone can help...thanking you in advance

Replies

Default Re: what to do next

Bubbles 6 lbs in a month is fine. Cut back on the salt, drink the water they recommend. Measure your portions. That helps a lot. Are you exercising? 30 mins a day is all you need. Are you tracking? All WW recommendations. Good luck.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Bubbles - I think a 6lb loss is awesome! There are so many factors that come into play when it comes to weight loss. The best advice I can give to you is to NOT compare yourself with anyone else. Make this your personal journey and do the best you can do with what you have going on in your life. I don't know how much you have to lose, but just another way of looking at this is this: If you keep up this pace, by end of summer you'll be down 30lbs!!! I'm sure that will feel great. Just keep it up and don't quit!

There are a lot of people who weight every day and that works for them. I am not one of them because it's such a head game and leaves me feeling more discouraged than motivated. If you're one of those who expects to see a loss every single morning, then maybe consider only weighing once a week or twice a week. I think that might help keep you focused and be more excited about the losses you do see. Just a suggestion. Come here and get involved with some of the groups - this site has kept me so motivated and on track and there are really helpful, friendly people here. Good luck to you!
    Jen
    HW - 175
    WWGW - 140
    PGW - 130
    CW 9/1/13 - 142.2
    LIFETIME on 8/31/11
    RESTART 4/1/13

Replies

bubbles! 6lbs in one month is awesome!! Keep it up!
    Kimberley

Replies

I also think 6 lbs is a good wt loss. When I was in my losing mode I found that rigerous adherence to the program was in order:

1. track (write down) everything including any activity pts earned (that means exercise)
    2. study and know the pt values of foods, especially the ones you eat frequently
    3. exercise - for me it had to be aerobic - moving my large muscle groups - walking then jogging later
    4. if doing at home, you need to account to someone for your weight in events - keep yourself honest
    5. eat breakfast always - concentrate on high protein - high fiber
    6. measure and weigh things so you get an eye for correct portions
    7. hydrate - drink lots of non-caffeine drinks (water preferred)
    8. friend the scale - weighing shows trends

Wt watchers works for me and will work for you if you follow program instructions!

Life is good!
    MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life....

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)