Thread: BS Line Heard In A Meeting Room

Default BS Line Heard In A Meeting Room

If you've made it to lifetime, you've probably been to a lot of WW meetings.

What's the one, or most often line, that you've heard someone say in a meeting that you've just wanted to call "BS!" to?

I recently read a book by a personal trainer. He is a no-nonsense guy. He said that he NEVER asks his clients if they have sticked to his eating plan for them because he doesn't need to ask them - as his eyes give him the answer. He said if people are not losing weight, then they are eating more than they burn and not following his plan.

He also has a line for those who said that it was their metabolism that would not allow them to lose weight. His answer to them is: "Your problem is not your metabolism. Your problem is your fork."

I think of that every time I am in a meeting now where another member says that the WW program doesn't work for them because of their metabolism.

I've never said to them that their problem is really their fork - but, I have thought about it.

Default Re: BS Line Heard In A Meeting Room

Hey new forum. Cool. I like that reply. Something Kimberley mentioned bf was like that. Bottom line for me its not the exercise but the food. Won't lose if you eat more than you burn off.
    When I hear someone tell me they don't have the time, BS to me. Who does has the time?
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Before I joined WW, long before it, I knew people at work who did it.

So, I asked them what the program was, how it worked, etc.

When they told me, I thought, "That's crazy. Who wants to take the time to figure out the points of something, keep track of all that, and do all that math?"

Then, years later, I hit bottom and tried the program. What did I have to lose, besides weight?

What did I find out? It was not that hard. After a short while, you learn how to figure out point values quickly, or, you remember them. Tracking? I have tracked every day for the last 304 weeks. And, it only takes me around 5 minutes a day - and that's doing it old school with pen and paper.

Once you're into the swing of it, doing the WW program doesn't take all that much time, at all.

I've told people that in meetings. And, when I do, they look at me, sometimes, like I have two heads.

I guess you have to learn it for yourself, like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post

He also has a line for those who said that it was their metabolism that would not allow them to lose weight. His answer to them is: "Your problem is not your metabolism. Your problem is your fork."
    Hilarious and oh so true !!!! It's amazing the lengths we go in deluding ourselves that the problem isn't what we eat......

Thanks for sharing......

K
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Replies

I really like the fork saying too!! Har! But so true. Another from another self-help program, "Half measures avail us nothing."
    MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life....

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

Replies

This line was not BS but true truth and wisdom. An older woman was getting ready to get on my scale, taking off her jewelry and sweater . She looked at me and said "if I laid off the nachos I could weigh myself with my earrings ON."

We both laughed like crazy and I thanked her for her honesty.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

LOL. Then again, I know where she is coming from too. I always place my car and house keys on the counter, rather than leaving them in my pocket, when I weigh in.
    Stupid, I know. It's a mental thing, I guess?

[QUOTE=Peggy541;1996908]This line was not BS but true truth and wisdom. An older woman was getting ready to get on my scale, taking off her jewelry and sweater . She looked at me and said "if I laid off the nachos I could weigh myself with my earrings ON."

We both laughed like crazy and I thanked her for her honesty.(
    now that is hilarious!]