Thread: 5 Years Of Lifetime & I Don't Know?

Default 5 Years Of Lifetime & I Don't Know?

Today is the 5 year anny of when I made "lifetime."

I have "maintained" during those 5 years. But, I have also added a few pounds during that time - mostly lately - as well.

I am pretty sure that my recent "scale creep" is due to the fact that I have been working out 5 days a week for a while now. (It's about 7 months that I have been on a strict program and I was working out here and there for around 8 months before that.) For sure, there is no question that I am carrying more muscle now than I was in 2010 or for most of 2011.

Ballpark, I would say that I'm about 4 pounds heavier now than I was during most of the time I have been at lifetime.

Some days, that bothers me. Other days, it doesn't. It comes and goes.

Should it bother me at all? I really don't know.

Without a doubt, I have embraced the WW way of life and enjoy making better food choices and tracking what I eat, etc. The last five years have gone by fast. (For the record, it took me 7 months to reach lifetime. So, I have been at this now for 5 years and 7 months.) But, I also wonder if there are some challenges for me in the future? Will I continue? Will I struggle? Again, I really don't know.

Crazy, eh?

Replies

Default Re: 5 Years Of Lifetime & I Don't Know?

Congratulations on your five year anniversary!!!

Does it get easier? Do we still have challenges? All I know is at this point (and it's been almost 10 years for me at goal this time) I don't know how not to do it anymore.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks Luanne. (And, congrats on getting close to ten years!)

I do admit, at this point, being OP is sort of auto-pilot mode for me. I just do it. It's not hard.

Sure, I am not perfect. And, sure, I have some days that I make some bad choices. But, those days are not often.

But, I do wonder about getting older, as I will be 50 at the end of the year, and how that will work. I can't see myself eating less points per day. But, I know, as we get older, our DPA goes down. So, do I not adjust my DPA and see some pounds creep on? Or, do I workout more to get more AP to offset the DPA that I lose? If yes, finding the time for that could be an issue - I already workout around 5 hours a week and finding those 5 hours is hard.

Thanks Luanne. (And, congrats on getting close to ten years!)

I do admit, at this point, being OP is sort of auto-pilot mode for me. I just do it. It's not hard.

Sure, I am not perfect. And, sure, I have some days that I make some bad choices. But, those days are not often.

But, I do wonder about getting older, as I will be 50 at the end of the year, and how that will work. I can't see myself eating less points per day. But, I know, as we get older, our DPA goes down. So, do I not adjust my DPA and see some pounds creep on? Or, do I workout more to get more AP to offset the DPA that I lose? If yes, finding the time for that could be an issue - I already workout around 5 hours a week and finding those 5 hours is hard.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    All I know is at this point (and it's been almost 10 years for me at goal this time) I don't know how not to do it anymore.
    Isn't that the ultimate goal?

SuperBowl, only you can no if it *should* bother you. I didn't let it bother me, and it got me fat again. Maybe get a body fat measurement and see if you're in the healthy range?

Congratulation on your anniversary! You are an inspiration!

/hanna
    HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW
    250/192/194/157

Thanks Hanna.

I have been doing the Body Comp reading for a while now and my Body Fat % has been around 13%, pretty consistently. That's part of the reason why, at times, seeing my weight go up a few pounds, compared to, say, 2009 or 2010, doesn't bother me all that much. I'm still at 13%.

Supe (congrats! And Luanne!)--to some degree the decrease in recommended caloric intake seen with age is due to the observation that the AVERAGE person is losing muscle. People who are physically fit, even with aging, can maintain a slightly higher caloric intake because that nice, metabolically active muscle tissue is lending a boost. So, when you hit that next round number, approach the change in PP with that in mind.

You say that your body fat percentage is the same (13%--yowza), but are you taking measurements? If you're upping your running, are those quads and hams getting more developed? Are you lifting? Are you, Mr. Supe, in a word or two, totally jacked?
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Thanks Kris!

I've used the InBody system to track my body fat, but, I've never taken my own measurements. (I guess I should have!) But, for sure, my arms, legs and chest have increased. My wife was the first to notice the difference and then others have mentioned it since. I'm a bad judge - and I've never trusted what I see in the mirror (because I think we don't always see what is there and sometimes see things different than they are, etc.). But, I do know that I can handle more weight now in the gym compared to when I started. And, some days, I really surprise myself in terms of the weights I use now as opposed to a year ago. So, the time in the gym and running on the streets is paying off.

Yeah, I 'd take some measurements then....it sounds like you've pumped it
    up!
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I just may have to do it, and then check it again in 6 months or so.

Tomorrow is the 6th anniversary of my making, and maintaining, lifetime at WW. And, I am not excited about it, at all. I thought that I would be...and was planning to go to a meeting today to see my old leader. (I don't go to meetings anymore. But, I do weigh in each week.) But, now, I am not inclined to go at all. The milestone doesn't mean anything to me right now. At least, nothing that I feel like celebrating. Is there something wrong with me? Anyone else feel this way after years of being at lifetime?

Replies

I'm still excited every year I'm at goal. However, I must admit that I kind of let that day slip by without noticing most of the time.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I know what you mean Luanne - this one almost slipped by me this year. It's no longer a target for me. More so, it's just a "if I happen to notice" thing.

Replies

Supe, congratulations on maintaining lifetime at goal for 6 years. In a world that is overun with obesity and poor lifestyles, the life timers at goal are testimony of what happens when you live a healthy lifestyle. I am an example of a lifetime member who became complacent, not caring anymore, and went back to my old ways of eating. This was pure insanity. Thank God you are able to say it is your 6th anniversary. Congratulations! Fluffy

Fluffy. Thanks! One of my "secrets": I stopped going to meetings a long time ago. (But, I still weigh in each week - even though I am only required to weigh in once a month.) But, when I went to meetings, I heard the same thing, over and over again, countless times - "I made lifetime. But, then I put the weight back on. I got cocky. I stopped tracking. And, I stopped going to meetings. And, then, I got fat again."

Hearing that, so often, I made a vow to myself when I hit lifetime back in January of 2007: "I will never stop tracking and I will never stop going to meetings."

To this day, I still track, everday, without fail. It's been 346 weeks in a row. And, I did stop going to meetings because I felt like an odd duck being there. Plus, I think people started to resent me being there because I didn't have any weight to lose. But, I still weigh in every week. The only time I missed was ONCE, one week, last October, when a hurricane knocked out all the power in my town for a week to ten days and my WW center was closed for a week. (Otherwise, I would have weighed in that week too!) The weekly weigh-in, in place of the weekly meeting, keeps me accountable.

Good luck with your journey. You did it once, and, you can, and will, do it again!

Replies

Thanks Supe! I will remember all the helpful tips you gave me. You're proof that the program works.
    Always,
    Fluffy

My pleasure to try and help Fluffy. Yes, the program works - as long as you work the program!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post

To this day, I still track, everday, without fail. It's been 346 weeks in a row. And, I did stop going to meetings because I felt like an odd duck being there. Plus, I think people started to resent me being there because I didn't have any weight to lose. But, I still weigh in every week. The only time I missed was ONCE, one week, last October, when a hurricane knocked out all the power in my town for a week to ten days and my WW center was closed for a week. (Otherwise, I would have weighed in that week too!) The weekly weigh-in, in place of the weekly meeting, keeps me accountable.
    Sup, I am just seeing this. Gosh, I just can't imagine not feeling excitement about your 6 year! That's six years of eating healthy, embracing a healthy lifestyle, etc. Nearly 350 weeks of tracking. At least pat yourself on the back. That is a huge accomplishment.

It's who you are now, but it still takes work, effort, planning, etc. You still have to work the program.

I do know that I am the only one that gets excited about my WW anniversaries. It's like people have forgotten that I was fat. I know people that never knew me when I was fat. I remember having lunch at work last year and just mentioning that it was my 5 year WW anniversary. NO one was impressed. But...I didn't do this for them, I did it for me, and it makes ME happy, that's what counts.

I think sometimes it's easy to forget where we were, what carrying that extra weight felt like, and looked like. Think back to 6 years ago. Go look at some old pictures. Take a good look at how far you have come, YOU have a LOT to celebrate Buddy!!!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Trudie - thanks. Yeah, I don't know why I don't have more steam over hitting 6 years? It's strange.

I know exactly what you mean about people not knowing or forgetting what I looked like, etc. There are so many people that I have met in the last six years who only know me the way I am now. And, I know that many of them just assume that I was always this fit guy who goes to the gym and runs all the time. And, they don't know that I was a tub of goo back in 2006 and that I never ran, ever, in my life, before a couple of years ago.

Funny story about pictures: My kids are 8 and 10 years old. So, the last time I was fat, they were just 2 and 4 years old. And, they have no memory of me being fat. Recently, for school, we had to pull out some pictures of them when they were babies. Many of them had me in the picture with them. The kids, seeing the pictures, wanted to know what was wrong with me back then...why did I "look so bloated"? And, "what was wrong with your clothes that you looked like that?" I explained to them that I used to be heavier and now that I eat better and exercise, I am in better shape, etc.

I wish I didn't look the way that I did in those pictures. My kids, for the rest of their life, will always be reminded that their father was fat. It's like I ruined their baby pictures. But, at the same time, it's a reminder to me about the way I was and it gives me incentive to never want to go back there.

Sup~You didn't ruin those pictures. Look at who you are, not who you were.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Thanks Trudie. That's still a challenge for me at times, letting go of the past. But, in a way, it keeps me going too. I never want to forget that guy - because I never want to be him again.

My pleasure Robin - hope it helps.