Thread: Forks Over Knives

Default Forks Over Knives

See this Dr. Oz video: http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7B...259B2D9DAE643F

Makes you feel better about eating fruits and veggies!

Default Re: Forks Over Knives

There's something to that. I read Eat to live. I wish I could eat that way. I am not convinced that dairy products aren't good for us. I am essentially a lacto/poulto vegetarian. I think vegetarian meals sound so good. I am lazy, I don't want to learn how to cook differently and I'd have to cook to different meals, one for DH and one for me. But I do believe it's healthy.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I hear you. I'm on the fence with dairy too. I've read a lot that it helps with weight loss and maintaining. And, I've read a lot about how it's bad for you.

For all this stuff that can go both ways, I think it's probably safe to consume it in low/reasonable amounts. And, for the stuff we know is great, without debate, like fruits and veggies and other high fiber stuff, that's where you should eat the most.

I just looked at that link again. I recently skimmed through my "Eat to Live" book. I want to move toward more plant based eating. Just a couple weeks ago, I gave up turkey/chicken, and my once a month bacon. I am giving being a vegetarian a try, lacto/ovo. I am not planning to go vegan, but I am considering that too. I need to experiment with some different foods, but really, being a vegetarian won't be that drastic of a change for me.
    Trudie

Trudie - my wife is on a modified version of The Kind Diet for a very long time now. (It's over a year.) She won't eat any animal products, not even dairy, with the exception of eggs. And, she loves it.

It's not for me. I eat a lot of poultry and fish. Well, I eat it often - but not a lot when I eat it. Maybe 5-10 ounces a day. And, once in a while - maybe like five times a year - I will have a hamburger. But, different strokes, and all that.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone can go wrong by limiting the amount of animal products that they consume. There's so much study on how this is good for you.

You are so right, different strokes...I am finding it interesting how some judge or stereotype those that are vegetarian or vegan. Or look at you like you have a third eye or something.

I just want to continue to eat healthy. Now, if I could only give up sugar. Not happening.
    Trudie

It's not easy. Many, many, times, when we're eating out, my wife has a hard time finding something on the menu that has no animal products and that's worth eating. Of course, the solution to this is eating at a vegan place - which I would do, with no problem. But, that's hard with my kids - who are 8 and 10.