Thread: Printed 3 month tracker & not weightwatcher's. A homemade idea

Default Printed 3 month tracker & not weightwatcher's. A homemade idea

I want to make my own homemade tracker on paper, in a nice notebook, where I can put my own reward stickers, etc. Any one have any ideas?
    ~*~ Amy

Replies

Default Re: Printed 3 month tracker & not weightwatcher's. A homemade idea

I get a nice hard covered journal from Barnes and Noble and use that as a tracker. It lasts longer than just 3 months. Once it's completely full, I'll save it in my WW bag and buy a new one. I write the date and my weight down inside the front cover every week.
    Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!
    Due February 2012

Replies
    Blog Entries

I used to use any calendar with plenty of space on each day. Don't get caught up on having the perfect tracker, just write it down!

/H
    HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW
    250/192/194/157

Those are both good ideas!

Since I am not interested in a multi-month journal, just enough to get me through the week, I played around with Microsoft Word and came up with my own version of a tracker, based on the ones I have gotten in the past from WW. It was fairly easy to do, basically I did it landscape view using three columns and in each column a 13 x3 table for recording foods, and at the bottom half of the page little tables (1x8 for water, 1x5 for vegs, 1x3 for dairy, etc.) When I had the first column (representing a day) the way I wanted it, I copied it into the other two columns on that page, into all three columns on the next page, and into the first column of the third page. Then in the second column of the third page, I made a couple of tables - one for WPA's and the other for Weekly Activity points. If I wanted a multi week journal, I'd just do one of these (3 pages) for each week. There would be room on the third page for any reward stickers, comments, etc. BTW, I am using the 2009 version of the WW program - not Points Plus.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Quote Originally Posted by DES2 View Post
    BTW, I am using the 2009 version of the WW program - not Points Plus.
    Great stats DES2! Just curious why you stayed with the old version vs points+? I too am still on the old points program.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Thanks, Trudie. I stayed with the old version (Core/SFT) for several reasons: the old plan was working for me, there were so many misprints in the printed materials that were SOLD by WW that I got turned off, I REALLY dislike the idea of having to use an electronic calculator to figure points... Those are the ones I can think of right now - it started out as "I really don't have time right now to relearn a new program - I'll just stay with what I know", and I never did have time.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Quote Originally Posted by DES2 View Post
    Thanks, Trudie. I stayed with the old version (Core/SFT) for several reasons: the old plan was working for me, there were so many misprints in the printed materials that were SOLD by WW that I got turned off, I REALLY dislike the idea of having to use an electronic calculator to figure points... Those are the ones I can think of right now - it started out as "I really don't have time right now to relearn a new program - I'll just stay with what I know", and I never did have time.
    Thanks. Just 2 nights ago, I read Jean Nidetch's, the founder of Weight Watchers, autobiography. Oh how the plan has changed over the years. I remember back in early 70's when my mom was on WW and had to eat liver once a week. There were "illegal" and "legal" foods. WW has come a LONG ways. It's so flexible and easy to follow a plan that works for each of us. I love the points plan, it's how a lost my weight. It's a good, healthy, program and I still use that one. I don't want to have to relearn points. I tried a couple of times to switch to PP, I know me and my body. The "free fruit" would not work for me.
    I do have the Points+ information from last December, and I have the calculator. I hadn't been to a meeting in about a year. The kit I bought was on sale for half price, plus, because I wasn't in there computer system, she said it was just easier to not charge me for my meeting so I got everything... the kit which included the food guide, eating out guide, 3 month planner, calculator, and the meeting for less then $15. I too, was very disappointed about all the errors in the new materials, wow!
    Bottom line, I love WW, I love the regular points plan. Maybe one day I will switch, but I make no promises.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I bought my tracker at the Dollar General Store. It's a nice hardcover journal/diary and I just write down food and then the point(s) beside it. They have really nice ones for very little, I paid $3 each and I bought 5 (one of every color) just because I loved the style of them. I write my weight loss on the inside cover and my goals on the back cover. It works perfectly for me and it will last twice as long. I have enough journals to last me for the next 3 years
    -Sam
    HW/Restart/CW/GW
    240/228/228/130

9. Default Re: Printed 3 month tracker & not weightwatcher's. A homemade idea

Hi Everybody,

Here's a very easy way to track your food journal on the computer. You type in what you eat at each meal and it tells you how many more calories you got left to eat for the day. You also log in your wokouts also. Here's the link at: www.myfitnesspals.com. Hope this helps, its been wonderful for me!!!

I use www.livestrong.com/myplate I LOVE it, I've been using it for 2+ years now, plus there is an app for iPhone users that syncs with your online account. I try to eat a healthy low sodium/high fiber diet, and this keeps track of how many g/mg I've had per day (it tracks calories, fat, cholesterol, carbs, protein, and sugar too)
    -Sam
    HW/Restart/CW/GW
    240/228/228/130

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Fried View Post
    [I bought my tracker at the Dollar General Store. It's a nice hardcover journal/diary and I just write down food and then the point(s) beside it. They have really nice ones for very little, I paid $3 each and I bought 5 (one of every color) just because I loved the style of them. I write my weight loss on the inside cover and my goals on the back cover. It works perfectly for me and it will last twice as long. I have enough journals to last me for the next 3 years
    Thanks for sharing. I'm also using www.myfitnesspal.com which has nutritional values and a very coool scanner for my iphone.
    ~*~ Amy

Smile Re: Printed 3 month tracker & not weightwatcher's. A homemade idea

Quote Originally Posted by terribowling View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Here's a very easy way to track your food journal on the computer. You type in what you eat at each meal and it tells you how many more calories you got left to eat for the day. You also log in your wokouts also. Here's the link at: www.myfitnesspals.com. Hope this helps, its been wonderful for me!!!

Thanks so much for recommending this for me. I'm dropping ww's online completely for this. There's also a cool app for the iphone. It also has a very coool scanner.
    ~*~ Amy

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    terribowling[/B];1980940]Hi Everybody,

I just have one question I need to ask you....how do you figure out the Activity and extra Weekly points in the program?
    ~*~ Amy