Thread: Misprints in Points Plus printed materials - have they been corrected?

Question Misprints in Points Plus printed materials - have they been corrected?

When WW came out with Points Plus, I went to the intro meeting and bought the books and points calculator, only to discover (as we all did) that the Complete Food Companion was riddled with misprints. Since I had been successfully maintaining on Core, I just decided to continue it. Despite this, I was VERY disappointed at WW for releasing the materials before they were ready, and felt somewhat ripped off. I also wasn't happy that I now needed an electronic device to figure out points! My prior experience with WW had been SO positive, that I really felt let down by the organization. (It didn't help that my local group has a leader I'm not crazy about and that the (different) leader who presented the new Points Plus materials essentially told me that there was NO Core-like component to the new program - I had to learn online that that information was incorrect.)

Recently I've felt that I need to go back to counting points to regain a better sense of portion control, and I thought I would give Points Plus a try. My question is: Has WW corrected the mistakes in the printed materials (specifically the Complete Food Companion)?
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Replies

Default Re: Misprints in Points Plus printed materials - have they been corrected?

Hi DES2,

I seem to recall getting a page of corrections with my materials when I first got them, but I don't think it was very extensive, and I heard online about quite a few more errors that I don't believe WW included on their corrections sheet. That being said, I know that a "tweak" of the program is coming in the next few weeks. I bet they will be giving us new materials, and it won't surprise me if they are a little better put together (since they've had a year to look at the big picture...).
    Susan

Aiming for 196.2

Default Re: Misprints in Points Plus printed materials - have they been corrected?

Thanks, Susan! I'll keep an eye out for them but this time won't buy them as soon as they come out, having learned that lesson last year. If you didn't get your materials right when the new program came out, maybe they corrected many of the errors before yours were printed.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

I bought my dining out and complete food companion books about a week ago, and on the side it says REV 1/11 and I checked and so far everything has been corrected.
    -Sam
    HW/Restart/CW/GW
    240/228/228/130