Thread: Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

1. Default Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

Has anyone found SFT/CORE to be less appealing to do now that the Points Plus is out? (I'm not wanting to judge or critisize, just curious about people's experiences!)

I did Core a couple of years ago, and absolutely loved it- I did not want to count a points all the time and you could not have made me swithc!

Now I've been back for a few weeks and started back on SFT. After a disapointing 3rd weigh-in I went back and estimated the points I had eaten the previous week and to my surprise I was eating fewer points than my daily and weekly allotments. I was shocked by that and decided to give Points Plus a shot for a bit, sice it allows me a bit more freedom in what kinds of food I'm eating.

I'm wondering if other BCB'rs out there may have had similar reaction, or any other insights when/if switching back and forth.

Cheers!
    New SW 199 (March 30, 2011)

First goal 5%- 189

~2nd Weigh-in~ I'm down 3.8 lb!!
    ~3rd Weigh-in~ Down .2 Whyyyy!!??

Default Re: Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

I did Core in 2005 (wow, that was a long time ago!) and did very well. Even though I only lost an average of a pound a week, I lost steadily and met my goal in due time.

I have never done as well losing weight as I did with Core. I do not do well with the weighing and measuring and points counting fir every single thing.

I am two days back into the "old Core" and feeling good, but I need to set my sights on doing well for 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks, and so on.
    Teg

3. Default Re: Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

Hi tegteg!

Wishing you (and myself!) lots of great OP days!!

First goal 5%- 189

Replies

Lightbulb Re: Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

Hi Mysticpi and Tegteg,

I am an infrequent poster since I'm on maintenance and I've been eating plant-based for 1.5 years now...but I do come here to read how Buddies are doing.

I've been wanting to see how people feel about Points Plus and read about how they're doing.

I remember when Core came out (August, 2004) and so many people thought they had found their "answer". It was like, "They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

A few changes were introduced over the years and many people here stuck with "Core Classic", or added small changes.

So I'm still wondering how it's all going. I know Soda was like you, Tegteg. She lost steadily on Core until she was at goal. I can't believe how many people got to maintenance and remained strong strong supporters.

I wish you Buddies the best!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

5. Default Re: Points Plus vs. SFT as opposed to Points vs. Core

Carol,

That's how I was when I did Core a few years ago- You couldn't have paid me to switch. Mind you I didn't stick with it, but still, I loved it! Which is why I'm so surprised at myself for wanting to try Points Plus.

It could be that I am eating differently this time around. Back then I was close to vegan- and now I eat animal products (and can't stand fat free dairy!)

Back then I also seem to remember being put off with having to count points for fruit (when first looking at my flex/Core materials)...

First goal 5%- 189