Thread: Nursing on simply filling

Default Nursing on simply filling

Hey everyone!

I was doing core for a few years before I got pregnant (as well as switching it up with points) and lost 50 lbs and kept it off.

Well here I am, I rejoined ww's and my baby boy Eli is 9 weeks and though I tried points plus for a few days, I was missing being able to eat to satisfaction.
    Even more so while nursing, I need the fuel to keep on track. So I'm doing sf now.

Does anyone know if I get extra daily points like with pp? I was getting 14 extra daily. I'm using them now too but I. Not sure If I should be. I mostly use them for reduced fat/full fat dairy as I find it more filling than skim.

Any who it's good to be back! And I've got about 20 lbs to lose
    177.7 started Jan 1 2007
    10% was 17 lbs reached May 1 '07
    Lifetime reached August 21 '07
    Personal goal weight 130.0

Replies

Default Re: Nursing on simply filling

back! I would say that you could probably stick to the regular Core/SF program while still nursing. There's no cap on dairy servings so you can make sure you get 3-4 servings of FF dairy. Likewise, you have access to the extra protein & whole grains while eating to satisfaction. I find that when we have reasons to add to the weekly points, it just means we inevitably use those points for non-Core foods that can either trigger us or not be as healthy. You've got everything you need to stay healthy yourself and to nourish your baby with the Core program alone, especially now that you can have reduced calorie bread. I'd say give it a whirl sticking to the program as is and see how you feel.
    Kimberley

Thanks Kimberley!

Good idea on sticking to just the weekly points as needed. I remember that the more you stick to sf foods the easier it is and better it works. I'm excited to lose this weight and I always always resort back to the core way of thinking when I want to be healthy and reasonable with my eating. Its the only "diet" ( tho I know its more a way of life) that I really feel comfortable doing while breastfeeding because it's not about cutting calories or fat and I can eat when I hungry,which is more often then not now! Thanks again!
    177.7 started Jan 1 2007

4. Default Re: Nursing on simply filling

Hi, I'm a nursing mother of a 3 month old. Last night I decided that I would start core today. I had been trying to count points but felt like I was going bonkers obsessing about points because of my big appetite from nursing. I wasn't using my points all that wisely either. I think core will be a much better fit for me, I followed core a few years back to lose my weight and never felt better. I like being able to eat when I'm hungry

Just wanted to update. My little boy is now 18 months and with the help of the core program Im only 6 lbs away from my goal weight ( which is pretty low for me since I'm 5'5). I alway feel better to sticking to whole foods and core helps me do that and be balanced.

We are actually looking to add another little one to the family soon, so I'm hoping to eat healthy this time around and follow the plan as well as morning sickness and cravings allow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    177.7 started Jan 1 2007