Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFT Weekly Thread Mar.14 - 20

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SFT Weekly Thread Mar.14 - 20

Good Afternoon Buddies. Lee is down for a nap. I got the boy's room cleaned out. Finally got all my Christmas stuff down outside and put away. Put out my Spring stuff. Picked up all the trash and sticks in the yard. Swept out the garage. Took Lee for a 20 minute walk - pushing that stroller is hard work.

Finally ordered a new running stroller/bike trailer. I cannot wait for it to come in. It seats two kids and has a storage area in the back. We will be having a good time with it all summer I am sure.

Soda and Mickee: My youngest DD was like that too. We had to make her get her license before she left for college. She just didn't want to drive.

Kim: Glad to see you are feeling better.

Carol: No need to hide. Stick your head (and the rest of yourself) in anytime.

Gonna kick back and relax a little bit now before the other grandson gets here. It will be crazy once he does.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

sodacracker Guest

Hi everyone,
    I took DD to the university and she drove around the parking lots and a little bit on a city road. We agreed that was a much as we could handle together and it went well. I only grabbed the wheel two times to stop her from steering into a pothole.

Not doing super well these days food wise - but tracking here does help me stop eating when I see how many points it adds up to. Speaking as a former successful motivated WW braggart who believed she would never regain, it is a humbling experience to be treading water in the same spot for 2 years now.

I also have a few Xmas things till up - more winter seasonal but really, it has been almost 4 months since they went up - tomorrow they get packed away.

Right now I am going to go for a walk. It is light out, and if Kimberly can walk 5 miles to do an errand, then I can move my **** for 25 minutes walking to the main street and back. Will report in when I finish.

sodacracker Guest

I walked!

Replies

Sheri- We wore out our double jogging stroller. It was sad to see it go!!

Soda- I hear you. Only instead of treading water for two years, I regained a schwackload of weight over the past year. I think back to my birthday last May. I was DESPONDENT over the weight I'd gained. Now, almost one year later, I'm just hoping and praying I can get back to the same weight I was on my last birthday. I wish I'd reacted to things better a year ago instead of going off and gaining another 30lbs on top of the almost 30lbs I'd gained at that point. *rolleyes*
    Kimberley

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good Sunday Morning Buddies. I am up and ready to face another day. Supposed to have thunderstorms here today. My only goal was go clean out the dog kennel (YUK!) but that might have to wait. Instead, I will get the basement cleaned out. DH is taking the boys to the farm for the day so I have the house to myself again.

Food was ok last night. CC and I ended up going for ice cream. I wiped out the rest of my WPA's and several of my AP's, but that is what they are for. Now that monster is satisfied for awhile again. Looks like unless I earn a few more over the next couple of days, I will be eating strictly SF. Gotta love it.

Have a great OP day everyone.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

sodacracker Guest

hi there - late today as DS got quite ill last night and is home in bed and I am feeling a back of the throat sensation that I do not like.

Got a lot of walking in today strolling around town with my brother and his family so that was a better use of my afternoon than sitting on the computer

DH and I opted for convenience for dinners this week as we are both feeling the monotony of slow cooker meals and we were getting bored and he was eating potato chips and I was eating sweets.

We bought a bagged salad for each night and then will add one of the following for the meal;
    vegan cutlets
    vegetarian hot dogs with buns
    low sodium, low fat, canned soup
    low fat shepherd's pie
    pre made baked falafel

Using several President's choice blue line products for the week's meal. Glad to have a low sodium, low fat convenience food option up here in Canada

By necessity I will do points this week as this type of eating is more processed.

Replies

Soda- Hope DS is feeling better soon!! BTW, those blue line meals are loaded with MSG (modified corn starch). I find it very misleading the way they can claim that it's low in sodium but your body will process the modified corn starch as MSG so you might wind up dealing with some water retention. Either way, much better to go for convenience than boredom eating. I have to admit that I'm getting tired of my baked potatoes (knew that would happen) and I'm not quite sure what to do next. I don't have any energy to deal with cooking right now but I'll have to come up with some quick options. I've got some tortillas here so I guess I'll make quesadillas/pizzas a few times this week. They're more points-friendly than pizza but aren't exactly high on the "filling" list so I'll need to have some other options in the wings.....
    Kimberley

Replies

I read every day or every other day.

Just had to comment on this one. I have been maintaining my weight, just not at my desired number. I'm the same weight I was 6 months ago when Mom died.

At least I haven't gained anymore, but I still have 50 lbs to loose. All the healthy vegan eating, all these walks, all this spinning at the gym-and I don't get a loss, I get a maintain.

Sigh. I think I have to decrease the volume that I am eating. Certainly, that is not what I want to do. Don't think I am able to increase the exercise.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good Monday Morning Buddies. Off work again today. Good thing..need to burn a whole bunch of calories and drink a whole bunch of water. DH and I went out for Chinese food last night. Big mistake for me. Now I am bloated and feeling icky. Will really have to stick to filling foods for the next couple of days just to see a 'maintain' on the scale this week.

Lots to do today. Gotta drop Lee off at the daycare, run by the office, finish up the laundry, clean the dog kennel, clean the house. Whew - just listing it all makes me tired.

Have a great OP day buddies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12