Thread: Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

Default Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

I have a friend who is a small publisher and I will pay to set up and publish a FF SFT cookbook. Once costs are recaptured any profits can be donated to an agreed upon charity or cause or ?? It won't be about making money but about getting these recipes out there and up on Amazon. The new WW P+ cookbook is awful. It has no PF recipes to speak of. It is a rehash of common, stale recipes with P+ listed.

I say FF because we only get 2 tsp of oil a day and it seems virtually all PF recipes have oil in them. It is more challenging to do it FF!

So list your of your *favorite* and *tested* recipes. Then I need is one volunteer to collect all of the recipes and put one per page in an MS Word Doc. List your name on the recipe if you want your name to appear in the book.

It will take us time - but there is no rush... we are here for the long haul!

Please post your thoughts, suggestions, criticisms.

Default Re: Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

Pinkypi - I could be the odd man out, but here is my deal. You have a wonderful idea and plan. But I do not eat FF. I do not believe it is healthy to do so. I am a label reader. When I see tons of ingredients in FF, most of which I cannot pronounce or even begin to know what they are, compared to the LF version, I know I do not want that in my body. I had a WW leader tell me, that WW is not about what is most healthy it is about what is most convenient to your lifestyle. They do not look at the healthy options, just the quick ones. So, this is why I am not doing SFT at this time. I do love that way of eating, truly I do. But now I am getting produce, dairy, meat from the farm, yes a literal farm, not the conventional grocery store. It does have higher fat in it and so I have to count considerable points for the items but when I can read 4 ingredients that I know what they are on my cheese vs nearly 4 inches of ingredients on store bought cheese. I think my option is worth the added points and much more healthy option.

This is truly just my 2 cents, and the way I chose to live my life. I would not expect everyone to do it, but it is working for me at this time. I am eating more whole foods, raw foods and trying to do more clean eating without trans fats, HFCS and sugar and by all means no GMO foods if I can help it.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

That was a nice response mickee. I think this is a troll post. The member has only posted once before and this one is soliciting free recipes.

Soda - UGH!!!! Why can't I recognize things like that. Just knock me in the head a few times.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

because you are a nice person and assume good in people.

6. Default Re: Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

Soda you are so right on! I had read the member's original post in another thread and it sounded pretty authentic. The posting on this thread really threw me for a loop.

Mickee: Your response reflected who you actually are - true, honest, and above board, and isn't that how we want everyone to be. God bless you!

Everything with me has been ok. Trying to eat wisely and using my points. I spent six hours in emergency with my sister today who had a suspected cranial aneurysm, but was sent home after the lumbar procedure proved negative. There still is no explanation for the excruciating neck pains she is enduring (other than a migrain or a tension headache). She's my little sister so I'm worried for her.

Everyone enjoy your Friday and your weekend. JoggingG

Replies

My first thought after reading this was, "Hmm you might want to wait for 10 or 20 posts before you ask everyone to become business partners...."
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

i am so sorry if I offended anyone. I am not a troll. I thought this was a good idea because FF SFT recipes are few and far between. I came here from the WW site because they don't have much at all about SFT and I was told you do. I thought putting a book together would be great for everyone. I was willing to pay for it and I can not imagine that it would make any money and if it did it would all go to a charity. If you think publishing cookbooks is a profit maker for individuals think again, because it is well known as a money loser unless you have a big name. Again I am sorry.

Replies

We're cool.
    Your enthusiam was just a little disarming. Kinda like asking a guy his favorite kids names on a first date..

I hope you like BCB. These people are amazing and the folks in this forum are very helpful.

Welcome to the group.
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Replies

!

I think coming up with a FF cookbook will be quite challenging. Even SFT "power foods" often have some fat-- rice, millet, quinoa, oatmeal, etc.

I'm with Mickee-- I don't use FF products that are basically just chemical fillers, so I'm not sure what to say!
    Kimberley

Actually, if you're looking for SFT recipes, this site does have a Core/SFT recipe section - you probably can find a lot of recipes there. Not sure how many are FF.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

sodacracker Guest

ahh? so not a troll?

Good you came back to explain then. BCB is like a bunch of little villages and some have been posting here for years, so best to build up a base of posts so people get to know you

As for ff SFT, well, I do not focus on ff eating and tend to make up recipes dependent on what is in the fridge.

As Des2 says, threre are recipes in the recipe section of BCB and most SFT food is a mix of grains, beans and vegetables, or fruit and dairy and grains, so it all goes well together.

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jogginggrandma View Post
    I spent six hours in emergency with my sister today who had a suspected cranial aneurysm, but was sent home after the lumbar procedure proved negative. There still is no explanation for the excruciating neck pains she is enduring (other than a migrain or a tension headache). She's my little sister so I'm worried for her.
    Poor lady - I imagine it is pretty scary for her to have that level of pain yet no answers.

14. Default Re: Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

I was not thinking of ff foods but rather foods that are SFT (Power foods) + other foods without added fat. The only FF food I eat is Yogurt. (FF cheese has more nutrition in the package than the food). And as long as a food is a power food we don't really have to consider the fat. My problem has been that the recipes for power foods all have added fat. I know we get 2t fat per day with SFT but most seem to like to use it in salad dressing or mayo. I don't think I have seen one power food recipe that does not add olive oil or the like. So that is what I am searching for and if I don't get any then I think the SFT plan is still the greatest thing since sliced brea.... uhhh ... sliced light whole wheat buns. :-)

Replies

Pinkypi, I just leave out the oil in the recipes. They are just fine without it!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

16. Default Re: Lets pull together to make an FF SFT cook book!

Thanks Donna! But even so the cookbook and most recipes have non-power foods. I see you are a vegan. I don't eat meat but I have some dairy. Do you have a food plan list or some recipes you might like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by *WWDonna* View Post
    Pinkypi, I just leave out the oil in the recipes. They are just fine without it!

sodacracker Guest

here is a link to the SFT recipes section

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ost&order=desc

you can change how many recipes it displays, a month, a year etc at the bottom of the page.

Read away