Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SFT Weekly thread MArch 7 - 11

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Weekly thread MArch 7 - 11

slow here so let's try this - just a weekly check in thread - ok?

Still unusually busy at work so just going with that and not trying to keep up with everything.

Just came back from taking DS to visit his old classmates at their school play and he was greeted like a rock star! It was so funny - they all mobbed him and were so happy to see him.

How are you all doing? Any news?
    We are starting to look at summer vacation and are thinking Quebec this summer - Quebec City in particular as we have never been there.

Vacation plans for anyone here?

Default Re: SFT Weekly thread MArch 7 - 11

Well nothing new here. Just working and carting DD around to home school group, college, and various girl scout camp volunteering jobs.

As far as vacation goes. What is that????? I have not had a real vacation in probably 15 years. Since 2000 I have worked for myself 24/7. I did take my troop on a vacation/trip but had to work nights on the laptop while they were occupied. So that doesn't count too much. Hope everyone that gets a vacation enjoys it very much!!!!
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

3. Default Re: SFT Weekly thread MArch 7 - 11

Hi Soda, Mickee, and all to follow: I'm baaack! Doing a weekly thread works out so much better for me being here on the West Coast. By the time I get on the computer, usually in the evening, everyone in the mid-West and East Coast have already called it a day. While I may not be posting, I try to check daily on what is going on with everyone. Anyway. Had my weigh-in this morning - up .4; I had anxiety eating last night which drove me crazy especially since weigh-in was this morning but I couldn't stop myself. I even ate four, five, or six Girl Scout cookies and I don't like sweets! I seem to have these "anxiety attacks" once or twice a week so maybe I'll check with my doctor to see if there is something that he can prescribe to help me through these periods since they're playing havoc with my weight loss!

Soda I hope you can go forward with your vacation plans to Quebec and Quebec City (is that correct?).
    Mickee I hope you can schedule some time for yourself, even if it's at home.

My husband and I don't have any specific plans other than traveling to Boise, Idaho, to visit with our son, DIL, and three grandchildren. We'll probably make at least three trips to Idaho starting in May for the twins' birthday and going until the weather changes in October. But, in mid-October, my husband and I will be traveling with my sister and BIL to Seattle for a week. We were going to fly but decided to take a leisurely drive up the coast and take two days to just sight see - after all we are all retired and have no reason to rush.

Hope everyone can stay focused and enjoy the rest of your week! JoggingG

Replies
    Blog Entries

Gonna jump in with you all if you don't mind.

After doing points+ for 11 weeks, I am more than ready to go back to the Simply Filling way of life. I am having a really rough time counting points again. I am looking forward to eating until I'm satisfied and cooking for the week for grab and go convience. It doesn't look like too much has changed...with the exception of adding in bread - the one thing I am trying to get away from!

Gonna make a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, pack some fruit and popcorn for snacks at work, and have pork and oven fries for supper. I will get a 20 minute walk in today at lunch and pick up a grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies from Subway on my way back to the office. Sounds like a plan for me!! One I can definately live with.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Replies

Hello!

I wasn't feeling well yesterday but I think I'm better today. I seem to have this bizarre lingering virus that has been coming and going for the past few months. Some days I'm fine. Other days I'm nauseous and so fatigued I can barely move. I just finished TOM so I know I'm not pregnant!!

I weighed in on Monday and have lost 8lbs in the past 5 weeks. I ate all my APs again last week (none of my WPAs). I'm on day 3 of my week today and have, again, eaten my APs but not my WPAs. I'd like to bank some APs as we're going to Niagara Falls (Great Wolf Lodge) this weekend and I know that there won't be many good choices there. Fortunately, we're there Sunday and Monday. So, I have all my WPAs (and whatever APs I have banked) for Sunday and then my week resets on Monday where I have all my WPAs again. It's not my "best case scenario" but it is at least a "default" option in case things don't go as well as I plan!!

Sheri- ! I'm actually doing P+ but they let me stick around here. I need the portion control accountability right now. I basically eat SF anyway.....

JG- Maybe you should try hitting up the veggies when the anxiety starts. It's much more satisfying to munch on carrot sticks to get rid of some pent-up energy!!

Mickee- I'm sorry you haven't been able to take a vacation. It's hard being self-employed. Jeff has thought about doing consulting off and on over the years because you do get more money but it can be so hit or miss that he takes less money for the security of someone else taking all the risk.
    Soda- I remember when we took the kids out of Waldorf. Lucas came out first and the girls would mob Claire when she dropped him off with us at school. Then she joined the class herself and they treated her like a pariah for weeks. The crowd is so fickle!! LOL
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Default Re: SFT Weekly thread March 7 - 11

mickee, I had to laugh at your "vacation? what's that?" comment.

I have self employed friends and they do go away, but always have a laptop with them and are not really "off work".

I have always been an employee so have had paid vacation for my working life but until about three years ago "vacation" just mean not going to the office as DH and I alternated our time off to take care of our kids and not have to pay for them to being camp or childcare.

What we do now is pay for everything on an air miles collecting credit card, pay it off immediately and the points we raise on that have been enough to cover airline tickets for the whole family to fly somewhere in North America about every 24 months. This year we are using the points for hotels in Quebec and driving ourselves there.

Welcome Sheri K

JoggingG- glad to see you again. With WWdonna is also out west,so you both might find a weekly easier. I tend to overeat when I am doing well and so three weeks ago when I had a nice loss, I started to go off program and and have been concentrating the past two days to just focus on power foods and no eating after supper.

Go Kimberly! 8 pounds in 5 weeks is wonderful

Soda - that sounds like a plan on the airline miles. But I will not fly, too scare to do it. So I have never been on a plan, except for a tour with school when I was 10 years old. My daughter has flown twice and loves it, but if I go anywhere it will be by land only.

SheriK - I don't think we have met but it is nice to have a new face here. It seems out number are dwindling. I too started at SFT and love it dearly, but right now I am doing points + but just still stay on this forum as it seems home to me.

Tomorrow I am going to my organic market and trying to take about half a day off, not really by choice. It is DD day at college that is short. So not long enough to come home and too long to wait on her. So i hit the market on that day. Hope they have goodies, not that I am running low on much of anything. Today was milk day, so got all my dairy and a couple of pounds of ground beef from the farm. Now just waiting on them to start the fruit and veggie delivery the middle of next month and then I really will rarely need to go to the store with all the food being delivered. Well trying to finish up work as it is 10 p.m. here and I don't like working past 10 p.m. if I can help it.

Kimberley - That is a great loss and so glad to see it working for you again. You are so right about being self employed. I never really wanted to be, but it kind of landed in my lap and mushroomed and now I have my own Transcription business. I really only wanted enough work for just me, but it didn't work out that way.

JG - sounds like retirement and travel suits you. I wish I had something like that to look forward to but unfortunately I fear I will work until the bitter end. That is the life of being self employed I think.

Mickee

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Buddies.

Yesterday was fantastic. By mid-day, I had so much more energy. I slept wonderfully last night and woke up full of energy this morning. It is like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It felt good to eat without figuring out the points in advance.

Today is a half day at work. Then it's off to the grocery store and to get the oil changed in my car.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

sodacracker Guest

Ahh Sheri,
    that feeling is worth bottling isn't it?

Slept well, and am spending 15 minutes on line before getting ready for the day.

Here is a link to an on line publication that is chock full of interesting information. This one is on the Power food - Squash! http://spezzatino.com/vol-13-squash-now-available/

Replies

Mickee- I had a buddy here who did medical transcription from home. She had things worked out where she did 40 hours of work in much less because she was quicker. I'm a pretty fast typer so I've thought about something like that myself. I'm not sure how they do things here in Canada. Probably some union with the hospitals where you can't contract out. Besides, I'm too lazy to go back to school! LOL

Sheri- Great to hear you doing so well! I think that it can be stressful both ways. I often find the "freedom" of SF just means I make excuses for eating too much and then it becomes stressful not losing any weight. I tend to eat mostly SF foods even when I'm counting points so it's not that different either way. It's good to switch things up though so I'll probably take a week here and there and do SF. It makes me recognize where I can tweak some of my choices!

Soda- We thought about Quebec City but Claire will probably be going there for her grade 8 trip next year. Perhaps we'll follow them!! LOL So, we're doing what you did a few years ago-- driving out to NFLD!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Nfld! Loved that place - would happily go again but I have not been to Quebec in years and it is the closest thing to a European vacation that I can afford to give the kids so they at least experience being somewhere where people speak another language.

Good day so far, feeling in control and having a bow of shredded wheat with bran in the afternoon fills me up enough to take off that hunger edge after school/work.

This was a long cut up day but not a bad day. Went to the organic grocery store and got stocked up again on things. Did not make good eating choices, no real breakfast, then bad lunch and now out of points. So.......UGH!!!! But I say tomorrow will be better and it will be Friday too. That is DD last day to play volleyball for the season and we will be going to a play at the college too. So looking forward to moving past today.

Kimberley - Yes, you can get lots of work done with text inserts and things like that. I find typing fast is not always the key thought as so many times you have to stop and re-listen maybe 10 times to the same phrase as they doctor dictates when eating, coughing, belching, etc. plus the addition of shuffling papers, x-rays and taking phone calls when trying to dictate as well. Not to mention new procedures, medications, and made up words that you have to verify is correct before typing them. I try not to type much anymore and let my sub-contractors type and I mainly proof read. Trying to save the hands from carpal tunnel, a side effect of this job. I worked for a hospital for a while then our department was canned and sent our work over seas. So now, I just work for myself and contract with individual doctors and or practices.

Well, back to work I go.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

oh my, today has been unusual. I learned that someone I know died yesterday morning. So sad. She was 44. No one knew she had been sick. We learned that she and her husband had kept private, for well over a decade, that she was dealing with cancer, to protect their child. The fortitude that must have taken is incredible. She was a graceful and calm person. At the end, this weekend, her immediate family was called to the hospice but she wanted no one else there, and does not want a funeral or visitation, but there is a memorial in a few weeks. DS knows her daughter so we talked about it tonight. He was shocked. He also has a boy in his new class who just lost his dad two weeks ago so this was all alarming to him. Reassurances offered but I could tell he was digesting this new awareness of mortality.

Replies
    Blog Entries

TGIF Buddies. Yesterday was a good day and today will be as well. I woke up again this morning full of energy and ready to go. Now if only there was some way to bottle it like you said Soda.

I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Not much time this morning. I will try to get back later on today.

Have a great OP day everyone.

sodacracker Guest

Snowing outside - beautiful but messy looking. Just reading the news about Japan and looking at the graphics that show the ripple effects hitting the North American West Coast.
    Coffee with parents of kids with LD's this morning - always like time with this group - although this morning will be also about the mom who passed away.

Food has been good this week - using lot of frozen vegetable combos to make easy lunches. I found some frozen roasted peppers, and another package that was potato wedges, peppers, beans and carrots cut for grilling, but perfectly acceptable microwaved. A 1/2 package of these with some beans make a filling and flavorful lunch at work.

See you all later -sheri your enthusiasm is contagious

Replies

Woke today to an ice and snow-maggedon. School buses cancelled on the last day of school before March Break. And, I'd had an appointment booked to get the snow tires off today before we left to Niagara Falls this weekend. All plans changed today!! Not sure what we're going to do!!

I managed to bank a few APs yesterday. Heading into the weekend with all WPAs and hopefully a few more APs. I'll have all those points for Sunday and then my bank resets on Monday so I'll have those WPAs until I can bank some APs to balance it out next week. Probably best plan there is under the circumstances. I haven't used any WPAs (just APs) for the past 3 weeks so I'm okay to use a few over our mini holiday!
    Kimberley

Hey buddies, I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive. But the new job has had me almost go on stress leave.
    After speaking with the new boss, things should get better. I'll be back on Monday, starting fresh. I miss you guys so much and just need to keep going ahead with WW if I want to succeed.

YEAH!!! it is Friday. Today is last day for DD volleyball with the home school group. It is the last day before Spring Break Starts. It is the day we go to the college for a play. So all in all it is a wonderful day and it is FRIDAY!!!!! I will stay Op better today than yesterday that is for sure, starting with breakfast. I wish I could arrange some exercise, but alas work comes first and then I do have to sleep a bit. Ha! Ha!

Soda - So sorry for your loss and for DS having to learn of mortality. It is a rough lesson to learn and I am still shying away from it. My parent's are 83 and I know we are all living on borrowed time, but am like the ostrich that sticks it's head in the sand. I will not think about it today.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

michelle - glad you popped in - see you next week

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good morning Buddies. Nice quiet, relaxing day planned here. I don't have much to do today except some laundry and pick up my grandson later. I'm gonna enjoy it.

Soda and Kimberely - sounds like Mother Nature dumped on you guys.

Have a great OP day everyone.

Michelle - Sorry I missed your post. We must have posted at the same time. Glad you talked to your boss and things will get better.

Sheri - glad you have a relaxing weekend.

I am working or trying to get caught up. Hired a new lady, reduced the workload of another lady that really needs to be fired, but being the softie I am I didn't fire her. Maybe will later if the new one works out as planned. Also looking for DD a car. We are looking for a 1996-1997 Honda Accord and have one we are going to see tomorrow that claims to have 103,000 original miles. I hate looking, so hoping this one passes the test and we can bring it home.

Mickee

Replies

Good Afternoon!

Feeling pretty good about myself today and hopefully this will continue over the next few days. I got the boys off to bowling and then hurried home to do a FIRM workout. Once I got them back home, my parents were over to take us to the sugar shack for pancake brunch. I passed. Between the white flour pancakes and the light syrup (I'm a cooking grade kind of maple syrup gal), I knew it would literally eat all my points for the day and not be worth it. I'd thought about making an oatmeal pancake for myself for lunch but Jeff has been making comments about wanting to go out for dinner tonight, before we go to the orchestra so I have to keep it lower in points today.

We're off shortly to drop Jeff & the boys off for their last volunteering stint at the arena. I'd thought about taking Claire to see "Red Riding Hood" but it got the lowest rating I've seen on Rotten Tomatoes all year so I guess we'll head back home. As soon as curling is over, I'm dropping the kids off with my parents so Jeff & I can go to the orchestra. It's the "Jeans and Classics" series where they perform contemporary music. Tonight, they're doing Sting/The Police. I'm excited!! My absolute favourite in their series was "Abbey Road" where a quartet of famous Canadian rockers did the entire album from start to finish. I *love* Abbey Road!!

So, I need to make a plan for dinner. I've earned 65APs this week (one more day to go in my week) and have banked 20 of them. Dinner will be some kind of vegetarian option. I like Zen Gardens but I've had bad luck with some things having MSG so I haven't made a final decision. I'd like to still have some APs leftover tonight as we head into Niagara Falls tomorrow morning.

I'm bringing the iPad and they've got wireless so I intend to stay in touch. I am also proud of myself for buying a new bathing suit. I plan to have some fun at the water park, even though I'll probably wind up dealing with infections from the chlorine. I'll also bring some exercise gear as I'm sure they've got a fitness room. I'm going to need it with their buffet restaurants. I've got all my WPAs for Sunday and my bank resets Monday so I'll have next week's as well. I can do this!

Michelle- I hope things calm down at work!!

Mickee- Good Luck with the car shopping!

Sheri- Enjoy the day!!

Donna- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Carol- How are you doing? I was looking for your Monday update. I guess it can keep until this Monday!! LOL

Soda- Hopefully this will be our last dumping of the season!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

hi everyone -
    on my own with DS today as DD and DH are busy out of town.
    all his lessons are done for today so we are home on the computers for a bit before heading off to get haircuts and maybe stop at a friends.

Kimberly you sound like you are on top of things with the activity and so the time away at vacation should work out ok.

To everyone else enjoy the weekend

Replies

Today is my 59th birthday. I went to spin class this morning. As I looked around the room, it was clear that I was the oldest one there. I kept up with the whole class and never faltered one bit. It really felt good that I can consider myself fit at age 59.

Welcome Sheri!

I had a great birthday breakfast of steel cut oats and organic fresh strawberries. I just finished a large salad with some of Carol's Yumm sauce (diluted with salsa and balsamic vinegar) for dressing. I had some brown rice, black beans and salsa, too. Not bad so far!

Heading over to DD#2's new house for a family dinner tonight.

Life is good!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Donna - Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you have had a great day.

I am about to give up and go to bed. I am exhausted and have done nothing much besides sit here and type or proof read and did take DD to try to learn to parallel park, fun, fun. She wants to test for her license and I don't think she is quite ready. She is the one I am shopping for a car for. The one we were going to look at did not work out, so back to the drawing board, again.

Mickee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast