Thread: SFT Weekender!

Replies

Default SFT Weekender!

I thought I'd kick off the weekend prematurely since we didn't have a daily yesterday. Maybe things are settled down to a weekly point here?

Anyway, things going well here. I've earned something like 60APs thus far in the week and I've got 3 more days to go. Lots of walking, even though it's bitterly cold and the sidewalks are pitted with ice. I can't staying inside anymore!!

Food going well too. I had a high points day on Monday (got into some potato chips-- which I can usually take or leave but the problem is that when I take them, I take too many!!) but I paid it all back with APs by Wednesday. I'm currently eating on track with my APs and haven't touched the WPAs yet. The scale isn't doing much this week so I'm not sure if I should be eating my APs and some of my WPAs or what. I did have a high salty day on Monday, sushi on Wednesday and Thai on Thursday so perhaps I'll drop some water bloat over the weekend!

Other than that, I need to think of some meals to cook this weekend as we've been dialing it in a bit this week. I've had a baked potato with herbed margarine and a bit of light sour cream for dinner for the past three nights!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Default Re: SFT Weekender!

Hi Kimberly,
    Sure a weekly makes sense as there are fewer posting these days - I seem to be unusually busy so am not even able to get on here until dinner time or later.
    Super tired today - was up til 2 last night and at 6 hours of meetings today. Going to bed right now as I feel so tired I am dizzy.

See everyone tomorrow -

K - You did a great job on AP's and I salute you!

I am here but exhausted. I still have not exercised but running DD here and yonder wears me out. It is amazing how driving will exhaust me. Been in the car about 5 hours today and get to do it all over again going back to camp to pick her up. Do kids ever pay for their raising????

Anyway. I have done well and stayed on track this week. I think the effects of the collagen are slowly getting out of my system. I still have a few issues I think are related and still debating about going to the doctor or not. I am trying to wait through another weekend before deciding as each day seems to get better and better. Hate to spend money unnecessarily as I don't have insurance and it all comes out of my pocket.

I have work, work, work and picking up DD for the weekend and trying my hardest to get to church on Sunday. It has been a while since we have been as I am so bogged down with work and think I need a ME day to just say I am going regardless of if/when work gets done.

Hope everyone has a glorious weekend and even better W/I on Monday.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Weekender!

Hi Buddies ~

I'm going to check-in on Mondays and see how you're all doing ~ And tell you how my week went. I've had 6 OP days now!

But I'll report in Monday with my weight loss.

Have a great week-end!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Went to my first spin class since Jan 7. It was so good to be "back in the saddle"!

I had a great OP day, too.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Excellent, Donna.

Soda, I don't like to hear you have to use the word "dizzy"...I hope you are feeling better after getting rested.

I just read the Wednesday thread where Soda was "fasting" in the evening and Donna was too. I needed one more fruit last night and made a Banana Shake (banana/unsweetened soymilk/a date/and LOTS of ice/vanilla/cinammon) even though I wasn't really physically hungry for it...And it's the first night I didn't sleep as well.

I'll have to remember that for the future.

Have a great week-end Kimberley, Mickee, and all who come here today ~
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

hi everyone-

Carol, I feel much better today now that I slept. The evening fasting is probably the best for me too.

Rain rain rain here today. DS had a swimming and guitar lesson and DD is working then prom dress shopping with a friend, so we will not see her until later this evening.

DS is after me to learn how to play Little Big PLanet 2 so I promised to work my way through the tutorials tonight so he can, as he puts it, "Hhave fun playing it with you instead of having to tell you what to do all the time"

Replies

I do best OP when I fast in the evening (eat no later than 6pm). It's "easier" because I have all my points in a 10 hour window so it feels like I get to eat more in a concentrated time. I'm waiting to see how it plays out over the next few weeks. I'm still not waking up hungry. It's not until I start to feel nauseous that I eat breakfast, even though I still don't *feel* hunger. I'm not sure if this is tied in with my blood sugar levels (pre-diabetes) and if it will settle down over time. I gained a lot of weight quickly so it's going to take a while for my body to self-regulate in terms of hormones, blood levels, etc. I'm keeping an eye on things long-term.

Tomorrow will mark the end of 5 weeks OP. I have thus far earned over 75APs this week. I'll be somewhere between 80-85 by tomorrow. I've eaten all my APs but none of my WPAs. I'll have to see how that works out. Perhaps it would be better to just eat the WPAs if I'm going to earn more than 50 APs in a week. I don't know how things will settle down there either-- Jeff wants to get back to doing FIRM workouts and also likes going on outdoor walks (transitioning to running); I'm not sure if Claire is going to want to continue with doing workouts sometimes after school; Lucas (and sometimes Nathan) will be walking or biking to/from school once the ice melts and warmer temperatures show up, etc. So, it could all add up to be a lot of exercise every day. I'll have to see how things turn out and adjust accordingly.

I don't have big expectations for the scale this week. I've done a number of weight workouts for the first time this week. That's bound to have some kind of lactic acid/water retention backlash. TOM is also in the process of starting, almost a week late (am a bit worried because it synched up with Claire and I think that would be dangerous for us to be on the same cycle! LOL ).

Food-wise--- I feel pretty good about my choices this week (aside from the potato chip debacle of Monday evening). I really do prefer to eat a plant-based, largely vegetarian diet but I'm learning to not pin myself down to any category. None of the kids are vegetarian at heart so I'll accommodate them a couple of times a week. I've already warned them (and Jeff) that the house will be strictly vegetarian as soon as the kids are adults. They'll be on their own if they don't want to eat what I want to eat! LOL
    Kimberley

Kimberley sounds like a lot of exercise which I know is a good thing. I still need to get going on that myself.

The scale will probably not move for me this week as I had a big week last week, but that is o.k. I have stayed within my points and I am pleased with my eating this week.

Keep up what you are doing. it is amazing for me to read how much you do in a day. I don't think I could ever do that much.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

Snow! Off to shovel and that will earn some AP's

Low on food in the house, so resorted to one of the meal replacement bars in the emergency food stash. DH and I will grocery shop after shoveling.

Always funny how the weekend before WI my body seems to go into shut down mode - constipation, sluggish etc.

See you all later.

Here I sit at the computer yet another Sunday. I am sick of doing this but can't find a way around it either. My weight has been down all week until today and now up 2 pounds. I am not going to fret over it though. Whatever happens happens. I am going to keep on eating like I think I should and be happy.

Nothing on the agenda today but work, work and work. I guess I will have the skinniest fingers in town with all the typing I do. But the rest of me suffers for it. Oh well. Maybe will make a breakfast burrito if I can find a tortilla.

Mickee